How "SHOULD" type R's sound...

you should be able to tell if it's separated, just feel with your fingers right at the edge of the surround. if any of it feels loose or the surround moves, it has come unglued. Should be pretty obvious if it is unglued or not when you actually check the surround.

ca glue is cyanoacrylite, or super glue.

Gotta jump in on this one. We all know tha type R is not a champion of sq, but I will tell you this. Anyone who hears my system will tell you that my one 12' sounds damm good and loud! Proper adjustmens here and install is the key. You can make one sound real good. We all know that there are better, but hard to beat for the price. People who say that they sound like ass are missing the boat.

had 1 12 off 600 watts for one of my first setups

was so impressed, after hearing many other setups I still went back to them

2 15" type-rs ftw

there are better sounding subs out there, but for the price you really cant beat a type-r (**waits for the PG RSD bandwagoners to chime in***)

had 1 12 off 600 watts for one of my first setups
was so impressed, after hearing many other setups I still went back to them

2 15" type-rs ftw

there are better sounding subs out there, but for the price you really cant beat a type-r (**waits for the PG RSD bandwagoners to chime in***)
i'm not a bandwagoner... i'm a user! i love them. they sound great, get hellishly loud, and for the money are next to impossible to beat. i have heard type r's too... not as impressed.

Well. I turned the subsonic off, turned the frequency to >50, and turned off phase shift... They sound better. I still need to set the gain properly... I haven't really had the time so it's just 3/4 of the way up right now... I also have the bass knob thing plugged in, and it's turned all the way up. I don't think that would be the issue though b/c those subs can handle more than my amp can put out..

I haven't really had the time so it's just 3/4 of the way up right now... I also have the bass knob thing plugged in, and it's turned all the way up. I don't think that would be the issue though b/c those subs can handle more than my amp can put out..
well theres your problem. your clipping your sub. buy a amp that can send them some clean power or turn you bass boost off and turn your gain down. even if your amp puts out 200 watts on a 600 watt sub if you turn the Bass boost and gain all the way up you can still clip the signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.