How "SHOULD" type R's sound...

I still need to set the gain properly... I haven't really had the time so it's just 3/4 of the way up right now..
*sigh

what's your preout voltage?

have you set it with a dmm or by ear?

Im going with clipping, possibly a mechanical problem, as has been mentioned regarding the surround or a box problem

didn't read through the thread, but i'll agree on the Rs sounding like ass. Everyone that i've heard sounds like ass.

And yea, sounds like port noise. But even if it's fixed it'll still sounds like ass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

*sigh
what's your preout voltage?

have you set it with a dmm or by ear?

Im going with clipping, possibly a mechanical problem, as has been mentioned regarding the surround or a box problem
I just set it by DMM yesterday.. I have 2v pre-outs...

3/4 of the way up on the gain is usually how high u can have it with 2 volt pre-out hu's.
agreed, mine are the same, and Im at about 1/3 on the gain, set conservatively by dmm, but I know theres plenty of clean power left in it.. too muxch voltage drop though

Me box....

DSCN0920.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

excuse the shitty install.. please it got ****ed up... More planning was needed....

Well theres that... Now I have another question..

How much power can an "R" safely take? I was thinking of possibly porting it through the back deck or seat w/ only ONE woofer... Also I am thinking the signal will be cleaner b/c I have 2v pre-outs and a PA amp.... Which I am assuming are not helping my SQ issue?

you bashing type Rs pretty bad today. I have used type R 12s and 15s and 10s in the past. And they always sounded fine to me. If tuned around 34 hz they hit clean as long as your not sending them a clipped signal
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.