how much power can a JL 12w3v3 handle

some people set it manually by slowly turning the gain up checking for signs of distortion or popping, cracking, and smells. I think that a lot of shops do this, as well as people in general although it's the least safe method
By the time you hear that, its already too late, you normally cant tell distortion from normal bass thats why you use an oscilloscope to actually see the wave form for precise gain settings.

2 ohm gets you more power from your amp. You arent gonna burn anything as long as you set the gains properly. You can have a 5000 watt amp on a 300 watt sub as long as the input levels are set properly.

2 ohm gets you more power from your amp. You arent gonna burn anything as long as you set the gains properly. You can have a 5000 watt amp on a 300 watt sub as long as the input levels are set properly.
Agreed your always better going with a more powerful amp if you can afford it less stress on the amp, lower distortion. though thats a bit of overdoin it lol.

By the time you hear that, its already too late, you normally cant tell distortion from normal bass thats why you use an oscilloscope to actually see the wave form for precise gain settings.
Well thats nice to hear. I've got a dmm so I'll go ahead with confidence using that method. Thanx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.