How much power do i need

Participant count
  • Participant list
Its running little over 14 volts when started if i tun it up full tilt it drops to like 12.5 .but i have it set to wher eit dont clip and im running bout 13.6
@ what RPMs are you dropping @12.5? You may need to keep your RPMs up around 1200 or so keep voltage up at tilt. Working that alt man. LOL

I bought one this summer from J&S a 320 amp for my Explorer with the 4G which that alternator is a PITA to find one for a decent price. They were beyond helpful with everything. Heck one of the cats stole the harness they sent me that you use to when installing it and couldn't find it. I sent them a message asking to buy a new one explaining what happened and they sent one free of charge. Check them out as well they have a good rep and several at DIYMA have used them as well with good success. And they didn't charge me 550+ for a 240 or 270 amp alternator which is what every other place wanted. And Autotech...that guy changed his tune on what I needed to do with every email. Everything he told me I was supposed to do for a HO Alternator wasn't even close. I paid under 400 for mine shipped from J&S.

You can check out GP Audio also on Alts and Sky High as well. DC. I have a Mechman 320 sitting Im putting in with 6 batts this coming summer. I dont need much more than that for my next rebuild

I will say this.. STAY AWAY from OPTIMUS Red Tops and YELLOW TOP Batts. I had some BNEW Red Tops Ruin my 300 amp alt and the Batteries in the Process. Twice as a matter of fact. Expensive lesson, ShITTT batteries. Went with my 255 and Orileys AGMs and never had an Isuue

If you do decide to use AGM batts..make sure you charge them to full capacity over night before using them,I use a Noco 10. Pretty Cheap on Amazon. Nice little Charger

Its in a 04 jeep grand cherokee .the amps are pushing a wolfram pt15d1.i realy appreciatte all the advice
Very Nice man. I try to help when I can. I would have saved alot of gear over the years if internet was available and sites like this. I had to do trial and error when I started this hobby

I bought one this summer from J&S a 320 amp for my Explorer with the 4G which that alternator is a PITA to find one for a decent price. They were beyond helpful with everything. Heck one of the cats stole the harness they sent me that you use to when installing it and couldn't find it. I sent them a message asking to buy a new one explaining what happened and they sent one free of charge. Check them out as well they have a good rep and several at DIYMA have used them as well with good success. And they didn't charge me 550+ for a 240 or 270 amp alternator which is what every other place wanted. And Autotech...that guy changed his tune on what I needed to do with every email. Everything he told me I was supposed to do for a HO Alternator wasn't even close. I paid under 400 for mine shipped from J&S.
iwas looking into one from him but i read some not so good reviews on his stuff

And yet you couldn't pay me to use an Autotech after his emails and nonsense. Nothing he told me was true that I had to do with my vehicle.

Every maker out there has had some bad reviews. Just the nature of the game. I saw a picture on his facebook page where they were at a show. They had probably 100 alternators from Mechman, Singer, Autotech and others that all went BOOM at the show and he was replacing them on the spot.

Everyone I talked to hasn't had an issue with their alternators. When using an Hairpin HO Alternator most likely you will end up using a smaller belt. Mine I had to go 0.5 inch shorter.

And yet you couldn't pay me to use an Autotech after his emails and nonsense. Nothing he told me was true that I had to do with my vehicle.

Every maker out there has had some bad reviews. Just the nature of the game. I saw a picture on his facebook page where they were at a show. They had probably 100 alternators from Mechman, Singer, Autotech and others that all went BOOM at the show and he was replacing them on the spot.

Everyone I talked to hasn't had an issue with their alternators. When using an Hairpin HO Alternator most likely you will end up using a smaller belt. Mine I had to go 0.5 inch shorter.
Yeah i dont really know much about then just going off some negative comments .i will say auto tech is a little cheaper .so is it better to run a 240 than a 320 .i heard they are better at idle but there is nt much of a difference on the price

These guys claim to have a 2 year warranty. Ive been looking at these lately. Might check to see what they have to offer for your vehicle?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...