how much power can a JL 12w3v3 handle

J
I don't like that method as much because I have to turn my music loud in order to get the bass that I want
Thats the only method or using an o scope. which is the same technique so idk what your refering to.

I'm getting ready to by a pdx 1.600 for one but I hear the pdx may put out upto 750 rms. will this kill my w3?
You never see full power out of an amp on music ever so just feed the w3 everything the amp can offer. Read up on impedance rise and how that affects your actual real world power output. Look up clamp tests for amps and you'll see actual numbers amps put out.

Keep the signal clean and monitor voltage and heat levels.

You never see full power out of an amp on music ever so just feed the w3 everything the amp can offer. Read up on impedance rise and how that affects your actual real world power output. Look up clamp tests for amps and you'll see actual numbers amps put out.
Keep the signal clean and monitor voltage and heat levels.
Ipedance rise wont affect the pdx though no? It does rated 2-4 ohms unless hes getting a D2 and will wire to 4 ohms. Voltage drop might have an effect though.

Thats the only method or using an o scope. which is the same technique so idk what your refering to.
some people set it manually by slowly turning the gain up checking for signs of distortion or popping, cracking, and smells. I think that a lot of shops do this, as well as people in general although it's the least safe method

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.