Just when I try to grow up and call it quits...........i get pulled back in.

HvNd4Speed
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So Cal
so buying a work vehicle to haul stuff, looking at a 2004 xterra as the vehicle of choice or a 2002 4runner.

anyway, sold off all my JL Audio gear over a year and a half ago from my Element. Grew up (im 38, father of 2 LOL) and bought a 2014 BMW 528i which I have not put any system in but got that itch again.

I don't want to go with JL again, what's the new name in car audio. I am a total SQ guy but looking to spend on a budget. Is Sundown Audio still good? Their prices are very reasonable, looking at a 50.4 for front/rear amp and the 600D for a sub amp. Are their SA speakers and SA subs good?

The xterra is about $5K, Im not trying to sink much into the car audio gear.

Crescendo mezzo comp set, soundqubed q4-90 4ch and the sundown amp you picked with what sa sub size Fits your needs.

Thanks guys for the input! I have always used mainstream brands in all my cars, JL Audio, Kicker (worst amps ever), MTX (wasnt impressed).

I always equated the more expensive the amp/subs/speakers meant better quality which is true to some degree still.

These brands like Sundown, Incriminator and Crescendo among others, Im seeing a 600w monoblock amp for 200ish and im like, am I going to get good clean power out of that. I really want to try my hands at some totally new, unfamiliar (to me) gear this time.

Tell me more about SSA Icon subs? Those look nice!

In my element, I had a JL 300/4 and 1000/1 v2 with a pair of really nice vintage evolution components up front (the made in Germany ones) and a pair of JL coax's and 2-12w6v2's. I was more than pleased and it was never about how loud I could get, more just the nice sound than anything, it was a really nice balanced system.

Grew up (im 38, father of 2 LOL) and bought a 2014 BMW 528i which I have not put any system in but got that itch again.
Only 38, you're still a young man..

I'm 55 and got that itch and still scratching it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.