How many channels do I need for my 6 speakers (2 tweeters) car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Balinus

Hello! Complete noob here so sorry if that question is answered elsewhere (I've looked but haven't any decisive answer).

My stock car stereo is dead (yay!) and I'm looking for a new middle-of-the-ground car stereo. However, I see a lot of 4-channel head unit. Now, my car has 4 speaker (2 front, 2 for the passengers behind) and 2 tweeter in the windshield pillars. I've read that 4 channels is enough since most f the time the tweeters are connected with the front main speakers... is that right? if so, that would be much easier to buy a 4 channel head unit.

Note that I don't plan to install any subwoofers in the future.

Thank you! and sorry if the question is too simple or answered elsewhere.

make/model/year of your car would help, but as you said, it's likely the tweeters are just wired parallel with the front speakers.

It doesn't really matter though -- aftermarket hu's have 4 channels. Just get something that's decent quality and you should be fine.

There MAY be an adapter you'll have to buy to integrate with a stock amp (if you have one), but SOMETHING will work.

Crutchfield is a good place to start. Their site does a good job of letting you know what, if any special installation considerations there are for your particular car.

Research on the crutch buy on ebay or amazon. Might as well go with a 3 pair rca since most decent decks have that. Good to build in some growing room. Check out the JVC arsenal 75 or the Pioneer avh- 5600 series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.