Best way to bolt a battery to the trunk?

maxmodder
10+ year member

I have a XS 3400D and I'm wondering what the best way is to secure it to the truck without breaking the bank? Anyone have a how to with a list of items to purchase from home depot or something?Someone suggested getting a plastic battery box and just screwing the battery box to the sub box so that you don't have to drill into your car, but that sounds ridiculous to me. I don't see how you can possibly be safe in the event of an accident, unless it is somehow bolted to the frame.

Get the plastic tray, bolt that to the trunk and use a hold down kit. Any autoparts store will have that stuff...

spin_prod_247169301

While you can get a plastic box and cheap hold downs, you might belly up to the bar and get something like this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tay-48200?seid=srese1&gclid=COiBqNnMysACFQaCMgodHVoAZA

This battery box as well as fully encasing the battery also has a vent tube on it for directing any type of corrosive gasses to the exterior of the vehicle. It also fits different sizes of batteries.

When you bolt things to the floor, add some type of parts to spread the load onto more of the surface by using things like large fender washers, additional steel plating, and so on. These batteries are not light and when in motion, want to continue in motion and can put a lot of stress on the mounts.

Jim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.