How many batteries needed for my audio setup please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

man_n_da_trunk
10+ year member

Whats up car audio.com. Im a newbie here and i had to set up an account so i could get this question answered so anyone feel free to add input.

First off heres my set up.

4 alpine type x 12s

2 hifonic brutis 2600 amps they will be ran to produce 1ohm load. 2600 watt rms

1 hifonic zxi 800watt (for components)

4 alpine type r 5x7s

200 amp alternator

big 3 upgrade 0 gauge wire

i will be installing all of this in my 04 mercury grand marquis when i return from afghanistan in about 2 months. My question is though how many extra batteries will i need in my trunk in order to produce a power strong enough to push my system to the max. Also which batteries should i go with kinetic, optima, shruken or what please anyone feel free to post. And also one last question i also have a battery isolator but its only to connect one extra battery. How would i go about connecting the third battery please anyone help i want this system to bring it

I'd say minimum 2 good size + the one under your hood. I have my suspicions that most of the glass-mat batteries are the same, but others may disagree. Personally I go with batteries I know I can get a warranty on if they die early (Pretty happy with my Sears Die Hard Platinum)

Somewhere in the 400ah range will do you well(3 big batts, like HC2400 sized). Although better than stock, your alt will not be able to keep up with the current draw for very long, and voltage will drop to battery level pretty easily. With that said, you want a wall of stored power sitting at that upper 12V range so that voltage does not drop much below that.

Or just get a second 200amp alt, dual stock alts(assuming they're around 140amp stock), and add a couple of big batts in the back.

i was running 2300rms in my old caprice with a reg batt and a 100ish amp alternator. it dimmed but was still loud as fu ck. with a 200 amp alt, big 3, 0 ga, a good batt up front and 1 in back i think you should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.