voltage dropping

Participant count
  • Participant list

stereohead69
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oswego ny
Ok guys first off i have an 2001 explorer i have 0 gauge to the back were i have 2 2400 kinetiks hooked up to 1 powerbass 4000xa and a phoenix gold old school 500.4zx titanium and for some reason the voltage drops alot to were my voltage meter in my truck goes way down and my head lights dim the powerbass amp is wired to about 1.4-1.5 ohms the phoenix 2.5ohms just need some ideas on what to try thanks.

OCV of the 2400 with the car off should be no lower than 12.7 volts (12.8-13 is normal). If it is your alternator is not keeping up with the demands of the audio system and you either have to get a bigger alternator or give the alternator time to put a charge back into your batteries.

Ok thank you guys so far for the advice i have not done the big 3 yet but will.

I did just throw it in but i did all the proper connections and all just am wondering why when i have 2 of the 2400hc batteries it drops so much.

This setup will be going back into my impala witch does have an 270 amp alt in it the one in the explorer is factory but once again guys thanks for all the info.

Ok thank you guys so far for the advice i have not done the big 3 yet but will.
I did just throw it in but i did all the proper connections and all just am wondering why when i have 2 of the 2400hc batteries it drops so much.

This setup will be going back into my impala witch does have an 270 amp alt in it the one in the explorer is factory but once again guys thanks for all the info.
what size engine do you have? i have a 200amp alt for the explorer if you're interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.