How long will it last?

Hack job but it's done...

5L7FamC.jpg
4ilZIDL.jpg

We'll see how it does now.

Lil' beastie in the back... sits in there nicely.

LOE2jHy.jpg

LOE2jHy.jpg

7LLuXQt.jpg

Sounds nice on my preferred music and is loud... gotta go to an open space to open up the volume.

Might just stick with this one...Idk... if I do I'll clean-up the install for sure.

On music at the park...

Sure feels stronger than the 4th I had in there... maybe I'll have a chance to meter it soon.

I'm extremely pleased.

Big port! I rocked a raw MDF box for 7 years so know the feeling. That comes from working 2 jobs, always tired as fawk. Hell my amp rack isn't finished and still in it's raw form. Sand flush everything, and corner round the edges. Don't know if you plan to keep it for awhile but I'd paint it or carpet or something.

Crunched some #'s and finalized the approx volume/tune... 

c0UQ7E.jpg

Update... Officially I'm impressed... no small feat.... 145db or more was a good guess for sure, and now since I've had some time to set everything (str8clippin') Lp, Hp and gains...I honestly believe that the install (port location) is really close to optimum for what I'm trying to achieve (Sq/SPL)... it sounds phenomenal on music IMO, (I just play with the sub gain a bit ill the the fronts image well and you got staging or drop the knob to SPL). It's  accurate and punchy without being obnoxious till I gain it up a bit, (and it still digs fine on music... Bless cabin-gain)  then it'll Bang hard (SPL)...i'm guessing 147db+ or so?... lol... who knows?.. the ol' ear-o- meter has been broken for years... bottom-line is that I'm extremely pleased with the result... and that's what matters.

Shout-out to those OG's out there on the forum (too many to list) who've pushed, cajoled and flat-out told me the deal from time to time (medicine is never tasty) but goin' from the 90's with HC systems into the current era has been a whole new learning curve (and those 3 laws just won't bend).

I've learned a bunch and still look forward to absorbing more info as it becomes available..."IE"... learning new things (you never know it all).

I'm still not speechless obviously... But to be honest... all jokes aside, I honestly would never have thought a 750 watt sub wold get so nasty in any install... I'm not speechless just close to it after having 2 12's on 4K...  and to me this sounds better... Oh, it don't dig to 23-24hz but who cares?.. the sheer SPL, clarity, enjoyment, looks I get at stoplights and musicality of this setup is something I really wouldn't have thought was possible from a single 750 watt 15" sub and a set of relatively inexpensive 5.25" components, I thought I'd need 5K and a buncha $$$. As it is on a 3K amp at 2 ohm (subs), and 4 ohm stereo on the highs it's fine on stock electrical and It seems very close to an actual live performance in the impact and realism, and a little loud...very close to what my goals were setting out from the get.

Once again...to state the obvious... I'm gonna stick with this setup for a bit... it's decent.

To all the 1st timers starting out... just do your research, listen to advice (even if it's painful) and learn to DIY your own stuff, the internet/forums can be a powerful tool to assist you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crunched some #'s and finalized the approx volume/tune... 

Update... Officially I'm impressed... no small feat.... 145db or more was a good guess for sure, and now since I've had some time to set everything (str8clippin') Lp, Hp and gains...I honestly believe that the install (port location) is really close to optimum for what I'm trying to achieve (Sq/SPL)... it sounds phenomenal on music IMO, (I just play with the sub gain a bit ill the the fronts image well and you got staging or drop the knob to SPL). It's  accurate and punchy without being obnoxious till I gain it up a bit, (and it still digs fine on music... Bless cabin-gain)  then it'll Bang hard (SPL)...i'm guessing 147db+ or so?... lol... who knows?.. the ol' ear-o- meter has been broken for years... bottom-line is that I'm extremely pleased with the result... and that's what matters.

Shout-out to those OG's out there on the forum (too many to list) who've pushed, cajoled and flat-out told me the deal from time to time (medicine is never tasty) but goin' from the 90's with HC systems into the current era has been a whole new learning curve (and those 3 laws just won't bend).

I've learned a bunch and still look forward to absorbing more info as it becomes available..."IE"... learning new things (you never know it all).

I'm still not speechless obviously... But to be honest... all jokes aside, I honestly would never have thought a 750 watt sub wold get so nasty in any install... I'm not speechless just close to it after having 2 12's on 4K...  and to me this sounds better... Oh, it don't dig to 23-24hz but who cares?.. the sheer SPL, clarity, enjoyment, looks I get at stoplights and musicality of this setup is something I really wouldn't have thought was possible from a single 750 watt 15" sub and a set of relatively inexpensive 5.25" components, I thought I'd need 5K and a buncha $$$. As it is on a 3K amp at 2 ohm (subs), and 4 ohm stereo on the highs it's fine on stock electrical and It seems very close to an actual live performance in the impact and realism, and a little loud...very close to what my goals were setting out from the get.

Once again...to state the obvious... I'm gonna stick with this setup for a bit... it's decent.

To all the 1st timers starting out... just do your research, listen to advice (even if it's painful) and learn to DIY your own stuff, the internet/forums can be a powerful tool to assist you.

You have to enjoy it for a bit. I generally try different set ups. I change things up from time to time till I get tired of one set up. then move on to somethingelse.Always trying different things.keeps it enjoyable.Ive always said.. run what you have and try to make the best of it.😀

Last edited by a moderator:
goin' from the 90's with HC systems into the current era has been a whole new learning curve
Space makes bass.   I dragged my heels a while before going into higher tuning as well.  I feel the tradeoff is very fair.

Keep in mind wherever you have that angled to sound the best probably is not the loudest on the dash or wherever you meter.  You'll still need to test every position if you want to see best number.

Space makes bass.   I dragged my heels a while before going into higher tuning as well.  I feel the tradeoff is very fair.

Keep in mind wherever you have that angled to sound the best probably is not the loudest on the dash or wherever you meter.  You'll still need to test every position if you want to see best number.
I had this sub in a 3.8ft3 tuned 33.50hz and once I finished the S10L7 tuned low 40's I saw how well that higher tune matched my music tastes and really had output where I wanted it so I decided a change would be nice to try... 

Lemme say the overall output still is a bit distracting,  even after a week.

I can't wait to see where it meters, eventually ill post something up

Pics or it didn't happen I know. 

Would be weird to tune in the 40s hahaha
That's exactly what I woulda' said prior to the S10L7, back in 1997 or so I had a pair of  CV Stroker 15's tuned to 36hz or so in a BIG enclosure and this single Sa15 has that similar impact and accuracy (not to mention output) I've been looking for ever since. It's just enjoyable to listen to and will get a lil' nasty if called upon if I feel like having it loud AF.

I loved the lower tuned boxes and how they'd get rowdy and still sound musical but the output was always dependent on power and more power and that gets expensive IMO.

Lol... a single 15 on 2125 watts or so seems to outperform those 2 Evl-12's on a pair or Cabs at 1/2 ohm strapped I had in every regime except extension,  and I really am not missing it much due to the pure output when I want it. Even when I had a 39hz and another higher tuned burp box this seems to have better extension (39hz tune) and put out more (burp box) plus I hit some fair #'s with both 148 & 149+... but I digress... until it's metered I really can't claim anything except my subjective impressions up to this point... 😁 

It's been a nice little experiment and maybe someday I'll change it out... IDK... probably do so with a more capable driver in D2's (after modeling it to death of course), slap a double baffle on it and let that puppy eat.

Hell... I got a 3K amp... why not use it?.. 🤔

It's just enjoyable to listen to and will get a lil' nasty if called upon if I feel like having it loud AF.

At this point I just don't miss those ultra-lows, the SPL is too fun.

I'm sure once I demo something that breaks 150 at 35hz or under I'll probably Jones for that visceral bass again, but for now this is enough.

That Sa-15 will take some abuse lemme tell ya'... I'm not too nice to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.