How do I set the amp gain for a subwoofer?

Ok dude.
I recommend counterarguments over personal attacks, unless your goal is to look insecure.
(here is the first paragraph): An attenuator is an electronic device that reduces the power of a signal without appreciably distorting its waveform.

An attenuator is effectively the opposite of an amplifier, though the two work by different methods. While an amplifier provides gain, an attenuator provides loss, or gain less than 1.
-
-
-
-
-

The gain is the signal voltage. Volume is the signal's voltage.

Last edited:
Ok dude.

(here is the first paragraph): An attenuator is an electronic device that reduces the power of a signal without appreciably distorting its waveform.

An attenuator is effectively the opposite of an amplifier, though the two work by different methods. While an amplifier provides gain, an attenuator provides loss, or gain less than 1.
-
-
-
-
-

The gain is the signal voltage. Volume is the signal's voltage.
Let's go back to the original question: How is gain different than volume?

I'd also like to know the difference between "the signal's voltage" and "the signal voltage".

I'm trying to avoid being a smartass because I want to have an actual conversation.

Edit: @HardofWhoring are you actually kushy's new account? You showed up about the same time last graced us with his presence.

Last edited:
Gain is the voltage of the signal. Volume is the voltage for the signal.
Voltage for the signal? What does that mean? Electricity isn't measured in purpose.

Gain is a characteristic of a circuit. You aren't adjusting the circuit's gain that simply. You are adjusting the input voltage that reaches the amplifier circuit, which results in adjusting the output, which causes the audible volume to change. Exactly what every other volume knob does. It does the same thing as "bass knobs" inline with your signal cables.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...