how do i put the sub in the box?

anthonyfg

i bought an infinity kappa perfect 12.1 and a cheap box that is a little less than the manufacturer suggested dimensions. its 12 by 12 by 12 but a 1 inch slant, now im going to fill the thing will poly fill, but my question is how do i screw the sub on, what screws, do i remove the carpeting from where i attach it. the sub came with a gasket so do i put it on the rim and do i peel away the carpet or just stick it on the carpet, and do i also need to caulk it? thanks

i would suggest you trim the carpet by laying the sub in place and carefully cutting with a razor knife. use the gasket supplied by the manufacturer for an airtight seal. for screws use the thickest "wood screw" possible with nice wide threads and a pan head. use a screw that will NOT go all the way through the box material and make sure you drill pilot holes first.

I use 5/8 inch wood screws. The reason that I don't use anything longer is that the MDF may come apart at the hole if the screw is put all the way through the wood. The chance of this happening is minimal, but it's easier than having to repair MDF board.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.