how do i know if this is a wiring problem or a problem with the equpiment?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dellxps
10+ year member

ok so today i connected the wires from my new headunit to the wireharness specific to my car a 94 jeep grand cherokee ltd. as far as i know all of the color coded wires are connected properly. it snapped in to the factory wiring easy. but as soon as i turned on accessory and tried to get sound it didnt work so here is my question is there anything else i can do with the factory amp to get it to work or what did i do wrong?

So your getting power but no sound?

Also, is the harness you used have 2 plugs or 1?

If no power use a dmm to check voltage on yellow and red. Also make sure your ground is good.

If power is good and no sound make sure u connect the blue/ white from the deck to the blue on the harness.

If you have a stock factory amp you need to hook up the remote turn on to the blue wire in your harness or use the antenna turn on wire. You have to wake up the factory amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.