How do I create an invisible system...

tw6021

I want to build an invisible system for a a vintage car that usually has the windows down and tops off. I was gifted, SUPER LUCKY ME from my dad, his 73 Corvette. It has the worst original sound system.

I have a small "cargo" area behind the seats that i want to build a box to house two speakers, a sub and amp. I want to replace the front speakers in the kick panels as well and run everything from an iPhone.

Is this possible to do without a deck? I don't want one because it would be completely hidden and unavailable to access while driving. I know there are remote controls available but I really don't want that as well.

I'm looking for direction, suggestions, on what to get, where to get it then install it. The 3 audio stores I went to last year all wanted in excess of $1300 which sounded very pricy.

If this is your first time doing an install, don't do it to a vehicle like this that has sentimental value.

If you have money, take it to a respected shop. DO NOT take it to the cheapest shop you can find and expect them to work miracles. There's a shop local to me that could do a great job with that for under $1k.

Normally, I don't recommend taking things to audio shops. I just don't want you to:

A. Spend a decent amount of money and not be happy with how it sounds because things weren't set up properly.

B. Damage the vehicle, or still be unhappy after modifications.

C. Worst case scenario, you don't use a fuse, run power wire through a tight spot, and end up burning the car to the ground.

I want to build an invisible system for a a vintage car that usually has the windows down and tops off. I was gifted, SUPER LUCKY ME from my dad, his 73 Corvette. It has the worst original sound system.
I have a small "cargo" area behind the seats that i want to build a box to house two speakers, a sub and amp. I want to replace the front speakers in the kick panels as well and run everything from an iPhone.

Is this possible to do without a deck? I don't want one because it would be completely hidden and unavailable to access while driving. I know there are remote controls available but I really don't want that as well.

I'm looking for direction, suggestions, on what to get, where to get it then install it. The 3 audio stores I went to last year all wanted in excess of $1300 which sounded very pricy.
You could stick the deck in the back and run it off bluetooth or use a 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA adapter to connect the phone's audio output directly to an amp.

The key to a stealth build is modesty. Fitting a small sub in the back and replacing some stock speakers should be doable if you're okay with taking apart the various trim pieces and running wire

You can do a bluetooth amp to play all music and hide the amp.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88218_RE-Audio-BT900.4.html

Thanks for the information and advice. I will probably poke around stores again but my goal is to build and install my own system. That way, I know what I have, how it works and how to upgrade, build it bigger. With that being said, any advice on where to go for ligament information? I will be building a hidden box that will house 2 speakers (6x9 probably), an amp, sub and most likely a bluetooth deck or a deck with an 8mm plug. In the front I will remove the kick panels and install new speakers there, which I think are 6".

Last year I took the entire dash off just to plug an 8mm plug into the back of the existing radio to run the iPhone but the wolf system sounds horrible.

Thanks for the information. I am comfortable disassembling the needed trim to run everything i need. last year i had to take the entire front dash apart just to access the existing deck to install an 8mm cable for my iPhone. Doing this will install will be easy compared to that which only took 2 days start to finish.

Thanks for the information and advice. I will probably poke around stores again but my goal is to build and install my own system. That way, I know what I have, how it works and how to upgrade, build it bigger. With that being said, any advice on where to go for ligament information? I will be building a hidden box that will house 2 speakers (6x9 probably), an amp, sub and most likely a bluetooth deck or a deck with an 8mm plug. In the front I will remove the kick panels and install new speakers there, which I think are 6".
Last year I took the entire dash off just to plug an 8mm plug into the back of the existing radio to run the iPhone but the wolf system sounds horrible.
so if you want actual quality and upgrades, there's specific gear you need to run. Most of the shops will do you dirty just to make a quick buck. Tell us your budget and we can let you know whats the best for the money. If you can run a small single din head unit, that would be great for sound quality because the head unit is the core of the system If you have a run of the mill head unit, you are going to get mediocre sound at best vs a head unit that has proper features that actually make your music come alive, yes some models are infinitely better than others, you need to know what to look for. Speaker choice is important as well as methods of installation and acoustical treatment.

To make the entire system invisible, look into Terahertz technology. Currently DARPA has been messing around with it. Am not sure if the information on how to build cloaking devices will be released to the public or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.