How difficult is it to swap out one aftermarket head unit for another?

ls1pimp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJM
I have a 2003 MDX, and my Eclipse CD4000 just broke, and sadly they don't seem to make Eclipse head units anymore in the U.S. Considering replacing it with a Pioneer DEH3400UB.

I had my Eclipse connected to a 2 channel amp for the speakers (no rear speakers) and a 1 channel for the sub. Does it entail more than just unplugging the wires from the old head unit and into the new one?

Last edited by a moderator:
the colours on the current eclipse headunit with do and be the same as an aftermarket pioneer headunit. (also they still make eclipse headunits fyi) but doubt they will have the same harness plug.

the colours on the current eclipse headunit with do and be the same as an aftermarket pioneer headunit. (also they still make eclipse headunits fyi) but doubt they will have the same harness plug.
I didn't see any on their U.S website, and not seeing much in general on the web for single DIN eclipses? I'd gladly get another eclipse if possible.

Unless I am missing something, that link just took me back to their main site. But I don't see any options in the U.S site to purchase products?

I am jealous man!

However, after seeing the Pioneer I am considering in action, I feel better about the replacement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If it's not a direct connect, I may have a shop do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.