backup camera

thunderman1000

ohio
if I have a aftermarket head unit installed with backup camera and satilite/xm capabilities. will it be possible to use my GM oem cam and sat antenna? will also the oem radio antenna work for HD radio? I know ill need the add on module for the xm . my vehicle does have the on star/xm antenna and backup cam already.

not sure about the backup camera, it will need to have the same style plug, and you would have to locate the remote turn on wire for the reverse light and tie that in to the turn on for the deck. the cars stock antenna will work for hd radio. As for the satellite radio antenna, it depends. if its a newer car, and came stock with Sirius/xm, you will be fine, but if its an older model with just Sirius or just xm (before the merger) than I don't believe the antennas are compatible

you can use the factory antenna for sat radio as well as using the stock radio antenna for hd radio. you will need the tuners for both the sat radio and the HD radio(if not built in to the radio). the factory rear camera will work as well you will just need to find the wires behind the factory radio and put an rca end on the factory wires..no need to run an additional turn on, the car does that automatically. what gm vehicle do you have?

thanks for the replys. I should have added some details 2013 sierra with factory sir/xm. still shopping for a hu. haven't made up my mind on a kenwood or pioneer yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.