How did Rainbow get to be such a huge boner?

This thread = teh funnAy.
Its quite coincendental that this was brought up now as I was doing my taxes and realized how many sets I sold on THIS FORUM alone. Wanna take a guess? SLCs ONLY - 279 sets. That is of course for just 2007. Oddly I do not see near 279 complaints. Its simple ... someone likes something .. they *may* post about it and then itll die down quickly because well it's a boner. Someone doesnt like something it becomes like a tabloid and everyone is interested. Make sense?

Comparing to MBQs? Dollar for dollar product to product? Surely you jest. I will call them bright and lacking midbass. Have I heard them? Unfortunately yes and I have been doing this before you grasped your first breath.

Now YOU are sitting here making a post about something that YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN heard, but you are disappointed in those that follow hearsay about the MBQs. Arent you basing your info on hearsay? Kettle -> Black.

Am I here to defend the product because Im biased or because I sell them? Absolutely not. Want to know my other offerings? We can start small..

Morel

Dynaudio

Brax/Helix

Audison/Hertz

Sinfoni

CriticalMass

DLS

TRU Technology

SEAS

So no, biased thoughts and sales tactics are used here.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/applause.gif.bb805d8088f72dbc2fe808c29e85fb4c.gif

So what have we learned here? Just the usual...the internet is full of liars! 279 sets...now I see how you pay for the gas in the SS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This thread = teh funnAy.
Its quite coincendental that this was brought up now as I was doing my taxes and realized how many sets I sold on THIS FORUM alone. Wanna take a guess? SLCs ONLY - 279 sets. That is of course for just 2007. Oddly I do not see near 279 complaints. Its simple ... someone likes something .. they *may* post about it and then itll die down quickly because well it's a boner. Someone doesnt like something it becomes like a tabloid and everyone is interested. Make sense?

Comparing to MBQs? Dollar for dollar product to product? Surely you jest. I will call them bright and lacking midbass. Have I heard them? Unfortunately yes and I have been doing this before you grasped your first breath.

Now YOU are sitting here making a post about something that YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN heard, but you are disappointed in those that follow hearsay about the MBQs. Arent you basing your info on hearsay? Kettle -> Black.

Am I here to defend the product because Im biased or because I sell them? Absolutely not. Want to know my other offerings? We can start small..

Morel

Dynaudio

Brax/Helix

Audison/Hertz

Sinfoni

CriticalMass

DLS

TRU Technology

SEAS

So no, biased thoughts and sales tactics are used here.
Just out of curiousity, how many Germaniums did you sell last year if you don't mind my asking? I kind of like having speakers that a lot of people don't have.

Don, I spoke with you and the original seller. I never got a PM from you that a tweeter is on the way. I looked on both my screen names and the last thing I got said that you were waiting on a response as far as price for another tweeter. I would have contacted you sooner but since I went through another seller, I thought I was supposed to go through him.

Thank you very much for taking care of it. As I said, I wasn't blaming you or the original seller. As far as their change in policy, it's overdue and to be honest, based on what I read here, I'm still not convinced it's fixed so I will avoid rainbow henceforth. Was just way too much bullshyt involved in a simple warranty claim. 2 weeks would be fine with me, I would have had no problem with a month even, but months and months and the seller telling me he's getting the runaround is just unacceptable for their warranty dept. If the parent company in Germany can't authorize it's US distributor to make the call and do warranty work on it's own (that's what it sounds like from your post) then I will buy a different brand in the future, as I fully intend to do so anyway.

As far as the speakers themselves, I'm sure you're selling such a large number of them for a reason. Thank you for taking care of it for me. You may want to check PM's because i did not receive one from you saying it was taken care of.

As we both know it was me that you spoke to regarding the replacement. I replied again to you this week informing you the tweeter is on its way back to your original seller and you should have it soon. If I would have known of the issue sooner I would have tried to help more earlier. Of course there was no point in selling your another just to out your expenses further if it is on it's way back.

In regards to the the warranty service. I openly admit it has been lacking as of lately due to the US distributor. I have been on top of them like flies on **** lately and they directly assured me this will not happen further.

New policy is now MAXIMUM 48hrs to get and RMA number issued. MAXIMUM 2 weeks upon arrival to get defective product repaired/replaced and back out. While this may still seem somewhat lengthy there is still a cost to them to ship back&forth all defectives to Germany and hand out new products without upfront compensation. Whether I agree with this or not is a moot point, but there will be some major changes in their warranty dept.

Only time will tell if this holds true, but so far it has. If it doesnt, then all my orders start be sourced directly from Germany again.

I have both a set of Germaniums and Profi Phase Plugs. I have been very happy with both of these sets. Never had an issue with midbass response on both sets. I do have a good amount of deadening on the doors, both inner and outer skins. I have about 180 watts per side going to them. My amp can push a little more, but I felt this was enough for my needs. I've been running around without sound from my sub amp for a couple of weeks and finally had some time this weekend to figure out the problem. During this time I really had a chance to appreciate how nice the midbass response is on the Phase Plugs. This is a very smooth sounding set of speakers.

Don, I spoke with you and the original seller. I never got a PM from you that a tweeter is on the way. I looked on both my screen names and the last thing I got said that you were waiting on a response as far as price for another tweeter. I would have contacted you sooner but since I went through another seller, I thought I was supposed to go through him.
Thank you very much for taking care of it. As I said, I wasn't blaming you or the original seller. As far as their change in policy, it's overdue and to be honest, based on what I read here, I'm still not convinced it's fixed so I will avoid rainbow henceforth. Was just way too much bullshyt involved in a simple warranty claim. 2 weeks would be fine with me, I would have had no problem with a month even, but months and months and the seller telling me he's getting the runaround is just unacceptable for their warranty dept. If the parent company in Germany can't authorize it's US distributor to make the call and do warranty work on it's own (that's what it sounds like from your post) then I will buy a different brand in the future, as I fully intend to do so anyway.

As far as the speakers themselves, I'm sure you're selling such a large number of them for a reason. Thank you for taking care of it for me. You may want to check PM's because i did not receive one from you saying it was taken care of.
My apologies that you didnt receive my PM. It may have been one of the times that this forum had a hiccup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

As for not continuing to support the line, honestly I cannot blame you. I'd be the last to convince you otherwise after what you have went through.

Problem with Germany is that they do expect unnatural things to come from this country. This is certainly not limited to the Rainbow line, but many others that come from various countries as well. The fact that transportation costs are high and our dollar is extremely weak do not help the situation. Unfortunately things (regardless of how good they may be) do not sell nearly as well here and the other countries do not seem to understand this.

Feel free to gimme a call anytime regarding this or the other things we have discussed.

That's not bad business at all.

I am thinking this is why some companies don't want to be all over the internet. A few people incorrectly install this stuff and then complain...and then other users think the product is suspect.

I openly admit that my concerns about the midbass of the SLC was due to the doorpod configuration....ie user error. Maybe the consumers are looking for a product that can't be installed wrong.... :shrug:

That's not bad business at all.
I am thinking this is why some companies don't want to be all over the internet. A few people incorrectly install this stuff and then complain...and then other users think the product is suspect.

I openly admit that my concerns about the midbass of the SLC was due to the doorpod configuration....ie user error. Maybe the consumers are looking for a product that can't be installed wrong.... :shrug:
I have been accused on more than one occasion of "selling to anybody" while it is the truth, why shouldnt I? If a person wants something and is capable of paying for it then why not let them have what they want? I like to give the benefit of the doubt and assume anyone wanting to purchase something knows how to install it or will consult with someone that does. Drawback is that this is not always the case. If not me, then they will purchase it elsewhere. If not Rainbow it will be something else. End result will still remain the same.

Yes, Im sure many of these problems have been install related, but a warranty is a warranty and no one should be able to dictate whether it is still available due to who installed it. Of course obvious abuse not withstanding.

This all stems from the US Distributor since I "have the most RAs of any other dealers". I think we can all figure volume of sales would come into play. Ive been with the product for 5+ years thorugh 3 different distributors and even direct with Germany for nearly a year. Im not giving up now. Not to mention despite some 'issues' the US Dist. as well as the Germans are great guys to party with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

All of what you state here makes sense. I probably should not have posted this at all because I did not want to affect in a negative way the livelihood of you and other sellers. When I didn't hear back, I figured it was just more delays and I was frustrated but I guess it was the forum hiccup like you said.

I've had the worst luck with this set. I Installed the mid in the driver door and went ahead and hooked up the tweeter there too and was playing around with location, attaching it with velcro this weekend. Well a friend moves my car, slams the door when he gets in which dislodges the tweeter from the velcro, then shuts the door when he gets out and catches the tweeter in the doorjamb, smashing and bending it. I think this set i got is possessed lol.

When the new tweeter arrives, I will sell them for whatever I can for a new set with a bent tweeter and order the 3 way DLS set we talked about on the phone.

Thanks for the explanantion. I've had to deal with employees in Germany and they have a totally different mindset then American employees.

My apologies that you didnt receive my PM. It may have been one of the times that this forum had a hiccup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
As for not continuing to support the line, honestly I cannot blame you. I'd be the last to convince you otherwise after what you have went through.

Problem with Germany is that they do expect unnatural things to come from this country. This is certainly not limited to the Rainbow line, but many others that come from various countries as well. The fact that transportation costs are high and our dollar is extremely weak do not help the situation. Unfortunately things (regardless of how good they may be) do not sell nearly as well here and the other countries do not seem to understand this.

Feel free to gimme a call anytime regarding this or the other things we have discussed.

Just out of curiousity, how many Germaniums did you sell last year if you don't mind my asking? I kind of like having speakers that a lot of people don't have.
get the Powerline CS's. Even less people have them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.