How are car stereo competitions measured?

I have a 94 camry. One SSA Icon 12 on 1k. Facing forward and sealed from the trunk. hit like 138 last i checked. i 100% recommend facing them forward and sealing them off. its a SIGNIFICANT gain in spl.
also roll your windows down. it'll be louder.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/631259-camry-kicks-tweeter-waveguide.html

link to my sorta build log.
I was actually going to do that first, but the shop wanted $600

More and the speakers would be stuck in there.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']So sealed off from the trunk, did you seal off the rear deck as well? there's a lot of gaps and cracks in the rear deck that will fk a sealed trunk wall's performance badly.

Thats actually how terry brock's 162 db trunk setup is like. Sub and port back is for musical demos but for numbers, I see sub up port forward to the cabin box pushed all the way against the trunk is the loudest. I'm wondering if you made a wave guide covering up the sides sealing off the sides and the back side walls/wheel wells and angling it like a large horn, and see if thet would give any gains. Kinda like this. @mlstrass your thoughts?

hWbQ94T.png
[/QUOTE]

What's the horn for?

Camera plus night shots make it look way worse than it actually does. I basically just threw the box in there. Measured the big holes left. Made bigger covers than those holes and glued them to 90s that were then screwed to the box. For the top. i had to use expanding foam on top of a long piece of wood but the foam is only on the top of the wood and the metal so the box can slide right out. All the back deck has been 100% sealed.

If you wanted perfect shape. You could get pretty close with something like this

51LxCetKE%2BL._SL1000_.jpg
Its a ruler than holds shape when you move it. There are lots of variations and thinner ones. You'd just get the main curve of the back of your trunk wall. trace that onto wood. Cut. That'd probably give you no bigger holes than 3/4 and at that point you could fiberglass.

OP, you're losing a lot of output by having so little space around/between the box and the opening to the cabin. Also that amp will die from vibration mounted to your box.

That camry is hard to get good numbers from.

Camera plus night shots make it look way worse than it actually does. I basically just threw the box in there. Measured the big holes left. Made bigger covers than those holes and glued them to 90s that were then screwed to the box. For the top. i had to use expanding foam on top of a long piece of wood but the foam is only on the top of the wood and the metal so the box can slide right out. All the back deck has been 100% sealed.
If you wanted perfect shape. You could get pretty close with something like this

51LxCetKE%2BL._SL1000_.jpg
Its a ruler than holds shape when you move it. There are lots of variations and thinner ones. You'd just get the main curve of the back of your trunk wall. trace that onto wood. Cut. That'd probably give you no bigger holes than 3/4 and at that point you could fiberglass.
If I decide to wall off the box I'll definitely get that. I had a shop make the one I'm using now. What do you use to cut the speaker holes? Saws All?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.