Saying bye to DD.

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
My awesome wife caught the last NIB IDQ12v3 on fleebay. It will be here tomorrow.

From a few plots it's looking good in 1.25 sealed. Neck and neck with the W6v3.

It's a dual 4 so I'll be getting less power but I don't use it anyway and now I can get one of my dream amps. The Audison Voce 5.1k. I'm not in a hurry for that because that will need a rack rebuild.

The front mids are going to the dynaudio MW162s. Still undecided on the tweeters.

After it's all said I'll finish the trunk trim.

After 2 years it's time for a change.

I'll add some pics when it gets here tomorrow. I'm going to miss the double Dz

The amp of your dreams? SQ branded stuff? No weak links? What happened to the "a watt is a watt & I can make every speaker sound exactly the same" guy?

The amp of your dreams? SQ branded stuff? No weak links? What happened to the "a watt is a watt & I can make every speaker sound exactly the same" guy?
I still think I can. To be honest I'm not expecting much if any difference. I hope there isn't much because it's pretty **** good now. A sealed 12 will look better the way I want to finish the trunk.

And yes there is a amp I always wanted. It's all cosmetic at this point. For the weak links. Judges are bias. They have to inspect the car before they listen to it. I don't want a judge listening to something that they already know is going to sound bad.

Hope not. My buddy has blown 2 v4's on less than rated (granted he admitted to clipping) but the v4 certainly isnt the quality of previous gen's. Even the v4 did sound good tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date