Hideaway/Underseat woofer recommendation

Participant count
  • Participants list

CR09

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, 

Please recommend me the best sounding subwoofer options available for under the seat subwoofers for Honda CRV 2018. Appreciate your help! 

BUDGET: $300

Number of subs preferred: 1 

Size preferred (if configuration allows): hideaway/ underseat

Power to be used (which amp(s): preloaded/ built in 

Goals: adding bass to stock speakers. 

Listening habits: Rock, jazz, hip-hop, Pop, alternate rock, mix of generes. 

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Rockford fosgate, Alpine, JBL & whatever is best. 

Kicker is widely available and reviews but not sure if it's good, I see a lot of units dead after few months of usage. I am more inclined to Rockford Fosgate and Alpine. But really don't know how they sound and reliability. I wish they had demo in Bestbuy or somewhere but they don't. 

The irony is, I had a 10" enclosed subwoofer in a hatchback and now owing a SUV but looking for a hideaway subwoofer to save space. ?

Bestbuy will be my installer to have my warranty covered. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, 

Please recommend me the best sounding subwoofer options available for under the seat subwoofers for Honda CRV 2018. Appreciate your help! 

BUDGET: $300

Number of subs preferred: 1 

Size preferred (if configuration allows): hideaway/ underseat

Power to be used (which amp(s): preloaded/ built in 

Goals: adding bass to stock speakers. 

Listening habits: Rock, jazz, hip-hop, Pop, alternate rock, mix of generes. 

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Rockford fosgate, Alpine, JBL & whatever is best. 

Kicker is widely available and reviews but not sure if it's good, I see a lot of units dead after few months of usage. I am more inclined to Rockford Fosgate and Alpine. But really don't know how they sound and reliability. I wish they had demo in Bestbuy or somewhere but they don't. 

The irony is, I had a 10" enclosed subwoofer in a hatchback and now owing a SUV but looking for a hideaway subwoofer to save space. ?

Bestbuy will be my installer to have my warranty covered. 
For Best Buy to cover the unit and installation under warranty..Its been my experience that they only warranty what they sell to install. what options of brand and model # do they sell that will be warranted by Best Buy after installation as well?

you looking to place under rear seats or front seat? Just looking to add to the existing system with a little bit of bass response? All in one package deal? get a 8inch powered Bazooka 8100 series, or the 8250 series. Its all youll need and takes up min. space and easy to remove if need be and can be used in next vehicle, a leased vehicle ect.

I know they sell those and for a powered set up off an existing system or a leased vehicle, this is what Id run/use as a all in one package deal.For $300 bucks all in one deal and space saver off an existing system Id run the 8250 Bazooka

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.