hi lo converter installation tap in location

Participant count
  • Participant list

MikeM2

Hi,

I'm adding a 5 channel amp to my 2014 ram crew cab stock system. I've got (2) sets of component systems I'm running (1 for front doors and 1 for back) and then a sub. I'm planning on mounting the amp and a 3sixty processor behind the rear seat on the wall. I've got 2 questions on wiring:

1.) The hi lo converters - I understand that I need 2 of them. One for the front speakers and one for the rear doors. Since my amp install will be on the back wall and i'm running new wires to the front and rear doors, can i tap into the stock signals with the hi lo converters at the doors (stock wiring) or do i need to do it behind the head unit? I'm eventually putting a lockpic on it when they come out with them for this model.

2.) Can i use 1 amp wiring kit for both the amp and the 3sixty and split the power?

Thanks!

MIke

use the high level inputs on the 3sixty. that's what it's for.

yes you can split power to both amps and the 3sixty. i use a 2-in and 4-out MAXI fuse holder from Stinger and am really happy with it.

Hi guys, it would be the 3sixty.3. yes, it has high level inputs. Sorry on my question, you guys are right on the hi lo converter, don't need it. What i meant to say (brain is fried today :) ), is my thought to keep the stock harnesses in tact was to hookup a crutchfield wiring harness adapter for a speaker (one for the fronts, and one for the rears ) and then cut the wiring harness adaptor at the front door and then at the rear door and run those high level inputs to the 3sixty.3. Ie.) would be easier than pulling the head unit out at this point and would keep the wires in tact for later when I install the lockpic.

Sorry for confusion. Thanks!

Mike

Hi guys, sorry to clarify, my brain is fried today. :) I meant do you see any issues with connecting to the front speakers at the door for the hi level line in (instead of behind the Head unit) and then do it again on one of the rear doors then run that to the 3sixty.3? My reasoning was i wouldn't have to remove the head unit now (do it when the new lockpic C2 comes out) and also i bought crutchfield OEM speaker adaptor wires that I don't need now because I'm running higher gauge wire on each door for my T Series Fosgate setup. So, i could hook these crutchfield adaptors in, splice onto them with the hi levels, keep the factory harnesses in tact (in case i ever took them out later to sell....probably wouldn't but you never know) and then run those to the 3sixty. I didn't know if it would matter on the signal if i picked it up at the doors versus the rear of the head unit?

thanks!

thanks on the fuse split as well!

Mike

Hi guys, sorry to clarify, my brain is fried today. :) I meant do you see any issues with connecting to the front speakers at the door for the hi level line in (instead of behind the Head unit) and then do it again on one of the rear doors then run that to the 3sixty.3? My reasoning was i wouldn't have to remove the head unit now (do it when the new lockpic C2 comes out) and also i bought crutchfield OEM speaker adaptor wires that I don't need now because I'm running higher gauge wire on each door for my T Series Fosgate setup. So, i could hook these crutchfield adaptors in, splice onto them with the hi levels, keep the factory harnesses in tact (in case i ever took them out later to sell....probably wouldn't but you never know) and then run those to the 3sixty. I didn't know if it would matter on the signal if i picked it up at the doors versus the rear of the head unit? thanks!

thanks on the fuse split as well!

Mike
Nope it's the same signal, no worries!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.