my edge car amp wont turn off when i turn off the car

Participant count
  • Participant list

dantheman

wales
hi i have an edge sub with a built in amp all wired up corectly just bought it today the remote is wired to the blue and white wire on the back of jvc kd r332 h u but when i turn the car off the amp stays on it has a good ground and is wired up corectly and non off the wires on the amp are touching

somone please help

Something not right if it won't shut off when you turn the car off Check the remote wire for power when the car is off , if you still have power it may be an issue with the deck

im going to test the wire now with a multie meter maybey the wire i have my remote wired up to on the hu isnt the right one because by the looks of it has a constant 12 v power coming out of it so ill test for a non constant wire and maybe ill find the right one ill let u no how i get on thanks for the advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hook to the Blue wire from your hu.Not the blue and white.(most likely)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hook to the Blue wire from your hu.Not the blue and white.(most likely)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
YUP. You can't even begin to explain how many times I've seen this or similar (like using the constant 12v because they thought since this yellow wire is bigger it might make my amp louder)... sheesh.

the only blue wire from the hu was the blue and white one aha. i sorted it now i had to huck my blue remote wire to an orange wire on my hu cuz that was the only wire that was a non constant 12 v ive always thought it was a blue wire but some cars must be diffrent aha but thanks for all the advice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.