Help with setting X-overs

Participant count
  • Participant list
like in a lot of my post i overthink stuff WAY too much..i havent messed with anything or researched my stuff in so long i feel like i forgot a lot of stuff..

trying to understand, what i should set my x-over setting to on my amp..

I WOULDNT BE WASTING YALLS TIME IF SHI* WASNT REAL! i sent in my doors to epicenter to get the 10" pwx and the (2) pwx 6.5s put in each door..

havent looked much into it, what should the settings on the amp be for the midranges, HP/or LP-BP.. i dont really get the LP-BP switch, i know its low pass bandpass i understand the low pass not the bandpass, but ITS ONE SWITCH give me some clarity here.. if your confused on what im asking look at the crescendo audio c1100.4 crossover settings thats what im using..

so questions..

1) HP? or lp-bp?

2)if set to either what should i cross the 10's and 6.5s at(subsonic and high pass) iver heard 80hz all the way up to 5khz, i know its not correct i need a dead set answer since **** got realy last week.
A good starting point on your 6.5s you should set the switch to HP, and the frequency to 250-300hz. Set the switch for your 10s to LP-BP, set the subsonic to 60-80hz and the other dial to 250-300hz.

Setting the crossver to HP allows the frequencies above the set point to pass and filters frequencies below the set point, so using the HP allows your 6.5s to play from 250-300hz up to their natural rolloff.

Setting the swith to LP-BP essentially gives you two crossovers on one channel a HP and a LP. The channel will allow all frequencies between the HP setpoint and LP setpoint to pass unfiltered. You don't really want your 10s playing the same frequencies as your subwoofers or your mids so you would set the HP/subsonic to the frequency where the subs stop and the LP to the point the mids start. You can have some overlap so everything blends really you will just have to listen and adjust until you are happy.

**** this is why i love CA.com, literally get all the help ya need.. i mean ya gotta start somewhere even though i knew i had an amp that was capable of running an active setup i still had some freshening up to do on my knowledge of setting up an active setup,

overall i appreciate the help guys, and giving me the answers i needed fast..

i will also be running 4 ft1 super tweeters, it wont be for a while longer, i was gonna run them off a skar 85.4 which is capable of being fully active.. what would you guys recommend to cross them at... would i set them to HP and allow them to roll off naturally too?? ive heard to set them around 3400hz??

For the super tweets, go a small amount over the spec'd frequency response. The crossover on that amp will have a built-in slope (probably 18 or 24 db/oct) to help it roll off below that. If it starts getting too harsh and sibilant, start bringing up the crossover point until they smooth out. If you have adjustable slopes (which I doubt the Skar does), you can also play around with those.

I was looking around and crescendo audio sells their inline ft1 supertweeter crossover.. its a 5khz high pass crossover with a 12db slope..

That seems really flippin high but they say its optimal. Any input.. honestly it couldn't be anymore perfect the skar 85.4 has a 12db slope and a goes up to 5khz high pass.. any input

Yeah, I think 5K is WAY too high to cross your tweets if you want full-range coverage. Those 6.5s are not going to go up that high. I'd recommend just keeping somewhere around a 2.5-3k HPF on the tweets and slowly going up from there if you get sibilance or distortion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.