Help with setting X-overs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wanacustomx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
like in a lot of my post i overthink stuff WAY too much..

i havent messed with anything or researched my stuff in so long i feel like i forgot a lot of stuff..

trying to understand, what i should set my x-over setting to on my amp..

I WOULDNT BE WASTING YALLS TIME IF SHI* WASNT REAL! i sent in my doors to epicenter to get the 10" pwx and the (2) pwx 6.5s put in each door..

havent looked much into it, what should the settings on the amp be for the midranges, HP/or LP-BP.. i dont really get the LP-BP switch, i know its low pass bandpass i understand the low pass not the bandpass, but ITS ONE SWITCH give me some clarity here.. if your confused on what im asking look at the crescendo audio c1100.4 crossover settings thats what im using..

so questions..

1) HP? or lp-bp?

2)if set to either what should i cross the 10's and 6.5s at(subsonic and high pass) iver heard 80hz all the way up to 5khz, i know its not correct i need a dead set answer since **** got realy last week.

I can't pull up a good enough picture of the crossover network on there, but I'm assuming BP will look at both the dial for HP and for LP, so set each to match what band you want those midbasses playing and use the LP/BP switch setting

lemme try to make sense outta my post im getting frustrated with myself.. lol

the switch on my amp is the HP/Full/LP-BP.... when i reread i was like wtf

i do know full is for use with passive crossvers in component sets and what not, but make sense of the rest

Full defeats the crossover entirely. You'll use that if external processing or your HU are setting your crossover points

Not entirely sure since my experience with Crescendo is pretty much nonexistent. Can you possibly post an up close shot of the crossover network so I can better help you?

BP for the 10s, bud, and somewhere around 60-200Hz for the band I think. You can run the 6.5s on HP of about 200Hz

You can also do some trial and error on the crossover points. Start with the 6.5s and play with the HP on some bass-heavy music until your doors start buzzing or the speakers are getting overstressed and back off a smidge from there. Then start messing with the BP on your 10s to your tastes.

cross_zps6116b994.jpg

i dont really understand what your saying about the bandpass option for the 10's.. if i set it to lp-bp, how would i set the cross over freq.
Thanks for the picture. Definitely helps. In BP, your subsonic will act as the HPF and the next dial over as the LPF. In HP, only the one on the right should do anything. I might be wrong, so hopefully someone else can chime in here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.