Ground wire????

I agree, running it back to the engine bay will cut down on the potential for voltage drops through the chassis, but I would connect to Alt ground as opposed to battery. Will it make a difference, maybe not but there is the potential that the capacitance of the battery would introduce noise if connected directly to the battery terminal.

your front battery is not a ground its grounded to the frame which can be done from the trunk get a good ground to the frame in the back and its the same thing with less money spent on wire

doesnt technically matter its more of what you connect it to i prefer just popping a hole in the trunk and going into the frame under car rather than another 0guage run up front

Thanks for all ur input. I thought the shorter the gnd the less resistance u have. But okay.
good quality wire has a very low resistance through out the size ranges,from 8 awg all the way through 0,0/1 awg.i use 0/1 awg for my amp and mine is grounded in the trunk to the frame and to the 4 batts in my trunk my grounds are only 15" long

Duh. You ground it to the ground.

You're welcome.

22027740057_large_zps1ffa69c9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.