Help with installing a unique enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

r_geezy

CarAudio.com Newbie
First time poster and admitted semi-novice with car audio here...

A friend of mine 'gifted' me this unique enclosure. From what I can tell it's a cylindrical band-pass style enclosure with a flared port.
It was bought to use in a VW bus but I am wanting to install it in my Subaru Outback. The terminals are on the bottom, so it seems logical I'll lay it down like a standard bass tube.
I assume I'll just lay it down and strap it to the side of the hatch. Is there anything else I should be considering here?

Attachments

• IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 155
First time poster and admitted semi-novice with car audio here...

A friend of mine 'gifted' me this unique enclosure. From what I can tell it's a cylindrical band-pass style enclosure with a flared port.
It was bought to use in a VW bus but I am wanting to install it in my Subaru Outback. The terminals are on the bottom, so it seems logical I'll lay it down like a standard bass tube.
I assume I'll just lay it down and strap it to the side of the hatch. Is there anything else I should be considering here?
Treat it exactly like a bass tube. No special technique needed.

Just the Final Ohm Load. Looks like a Type R sub.. Id feed it approx 600-1k. Load it approx 4-8" of either a corner or may even play around with it off the rear taligate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.