Upgrading my dodge alpine stock stereo need advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bowl_of_weed

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok so I am upgrading my stereo and i have 4 6.5 hi energy co axle speakers. Hertz hdp4 amp to power them. I am going to use a ROCKFORD dsr1 and then also a sub and another amp alpine m1000. DO I need new speaker wire to my doors since I'll be running 150 rms so my speakers? Or just buy some those connectors that go to factory. Also if u guys know a part list that would be sweet haha I'm so green to it but wanna try it

I've always been a big proponent of putting in new speaker wires and typically use 16 awg to be sure the speakers get all the power coming from the amp. However...in my latest install I got lazy. Similar setup to your plans...2019 Ram 2500 8.4 inch radio without an amp. I used the DSR1 and decided to use the existing factory speaker wires in the doors. I ran the 16 gauge wires to the dash only because I could not find a way to operate the dash on it's own amp without running the new wires...the splice connector for the DSR1 only allowed tapping into the 4 doors.

I'm really happy with the sound. The amps are not getting hot at all. The factory speaker wires are not any smaller than the wires in the splice connectors or the outputs of the DSR1. I really don't think you'll lose anything by using the existing factory speaker wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.