Help with box for Crew Cab Truck. pics

TrakDay
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FL
For an 06 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

Ok guys. I am going to be running 4 - RE RE 8" subs

My available dimensions work out to about this:

Height = 10-11" (11" only if I remove the plastic, if necessary I will do it)

Length = 48- 50"

Bottom depth = 6.5- 7" (7" would be a sqeeze, but is probably easy enough)

Top depth = 5.5" (6" might fit but it would be a sqeeze)

Available space

BoxDimensions004.jpg

Showing Height

BoxDimensions007.jpg

Showing Length

BoxDimensions009.jpg

Showing bottom depth

BoxDimensions010.jpg

Showing top depth

BoxDimensions011.jpg

So what do you guys think? I need to make sure the REs have enough room to extend out, so what should I do? Mount them flush to the box?

Does this seem like it will work out alright? Or should I think about taking it a different direction? This is what I really want to do and plan on making this box myself with a friend.

Also, if I must I can go another inch or two lower giving myself a little more height on the box, but I have these little air ducts behind the rear seats that I would have to refab.

Thoughts? Anyone care to help me design this box? I would appreciate it!

I will be around later, I gotta go get some tools to pull the rear end out of my GTO.

On those trucks I've down fired 6.5's since the tuft carpeted piece at the bottom back of the seats can be compressed. We've also done rear firing by removing the carpet panel on the back wall, HIGHLY RECOMMEND sound deadening there! As for (4) 8's, you can squeeze them, but you'll have a good bit less than 1 cubic foot of net internal volume after bracing and subs. That's gonna be a midbass-monster unless you have some serious EQ going on. Just a heads up there. The only other that we diddeded was a single 8" ported. It was equally as loud as the (4) 6.5's as far as I could remember. Hope that helps some.

On those trucks I've down fired 6.5's since the tuft carpeted piece at the bottom back of the seats can be compressed. We've also done rear firing by removing the carpet panel on the back wall, HIGHLY RECOMMEND sound deadening there! As for (4) 8's, you can squeeze them, but you'll have a good bit less than 1 cubic foot of net internal volume after bracing and subs. That's gonna be a midbass-monster unless you have some serious EQ going on. Just a heads up there. The only other that we diddeded was a single 8" ported. It was equally as loud as the (4) 6.5's as far as I could remember. Hope that helps some.
Mid-bass... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Sound deadening will be done like mentioned. So I will be ok firing into the back of the seats then right?

Well I talked to a buddy of mine and we are going to use as much space as possible behind the seats. We are goig to follow the rear lines of the plastic panel with the box to pick up a little more air space. We should be able to get 1.5-1.7cu ft after bracing and everything else! That will be plenty of air space for the 4 RE 8" subs I am planning on running! The thing I like about putting the speakers back there is the option of dropping the rear seats down so the subs are firing into the truck as opposed to into the seat!

I think the 4 8s will work out nicely with the Kicker kx600.1 amp I purchased today!

Full install will consist of:

Pioneer DEH 9400

Focal 165K2 fronts

Focal 5.25K rears (can't remember the exact name...sorry)

Alpine amp for mids/highs (not sure how much pwer, buddy is letting me borrow it until I get a new one)

4 RE RE 8" Subs wired at 2ohms

Kicker KX600.1

Battery and cap are available if I need them

10.2" Flip down TV/DVD

I think it will be the sound I have been looking for!

Glass the back wall and use that as the rear of your enclosure. Then build an MDF frame and use an MDF front baffle. This will maximize the most area. Somewhat like this here. BTW...these are 10 behind the rear seat of an 05 Chevy Silverado CC.

2179235_126_full.jpg

2179235_124_full.jpg

2179235_125_full.jpg

2179235_127_full.jpg

2179235_123_full.jpg

As I recall you have more height under your seats that I did. That should allow you to fire two 8's down on either side of the rear floor "hump". I know that probox and subthump offer boxes for under the seat on your truck so you could model after those.

I have an 05 crew but its the 1/2 ton so they are not the same. Here is a pic of mine...

100_1491.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.