Build for 12" RE SE 2 ft^3 at 32 Hz

wu36ca
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I was going to wait until it was installed before posting pics, but I will throw some up now. Keep in mind this is my second box that I have built and the first one I will actually use. The first one was for two 12" SE's 1.8ft^3 at 32hz. Well I didn't want all that space or weight in my trunk and it turns out the box was too big to fit in my trunk anyway. So I am going with one SE and hanging on to the other. Please give constructive criticism. First think I should mention is I used wood glue to bond the bottom baffle and most of the walls and liquid nails for the top baffle. I used the liquid nails so I could seal the parts that my hands just couldn't get to with caulk. I should also mention I got the cuts done at an Ace Hardware lumber mill. This is the best place to get your cuts done. Here is the last of my yapping. The external/gross dimensions are:

Width = 19.75

Depth = 21.5

Height = 14.5

Port = 2x13x28

Now for the pics. I took these on low res obviously and the camera created some weird effect with the shapes; jagged edges and weird views of angles. Please give constructive criticism:

1000110rr7.jpg

You do not want to put your caulk or silicone on top of the wood. The glue needs to bond well especially at the joints, and having caulking there makes it impossible. Besides that, it looks excellent.

I have a 12" RE seXXX in a similar box, 2.1 CuFt @ 28hz. I'd give you a listen, but I took everything out of my car because I plan on buying a 07 Civic Si as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

**** I thought my amp was rated at 700 watts at 2 ohm. Just really looked at the birthsheet and now I see its 1000 watts. Guess I am going to have to go easy on these. Oh well, I hooked this amp to two Diamond CM3's at 1 ohm and they were rated at 300 watts a piece.

The depth is fine. Its kind of nice having a long box so I have a lot of room on the sides of it and don't have to throw stuff in front of the sub. I can't wait, it goes in in a few hours. This will be the first bass I have had in two years.

Its a good looking box. keep in mind tho, that (like on the port) you only need to caulk one side of a joint.

whered you get the design from?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.