Help!!! Scion TC FI Q 18

Agreed. Though I'd rather have a completely flat in-car response at even less' date=' too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif[/quote']
yea thats why i chose sealed box....but i still think i can just a little louder..at least in the low 140's

I was going with aero ports because i had aero ports on my cvrs before. but what about simply porting the box I already have?
if you do that the ports should prolly be external so you dont make the box any smaller. im not sure what the Q's like as far as space, but 5cubes should be in the range for it

if you do that the ports should prolly be external so you dont make the box any smaller. im not sure what the Q's like as far as space, but 5cubes should be in the range for it
ok one more question. i have the sub facing upward toward the glass...so should I face the ports in the same direction or towards the rear?

Fi recommends 6-10 cubic feet @ 28hz for their 18" Q. Obviously just a factory recommendation, but it is posted for a reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Fi recommends 6-10 cubic feet @ 28hz for their 18" Q. Obviously just a factory recommendation' date=' but it is posted for a reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif[/quote']
There

Is no way ill get 6 cubes in a scion TC hatch sooo maybe I should stay sealed

I'm suggesting an 11dB is not realistic by showing you need to make a stupid box to do it. My advice is 6.3 cubic feet tuned to 27Hz

this yields a Chebyshev Butterworth alignment and should sound great with a lot more low 30Hz output than the sealed option.

I would think with a properly designed and built enclosure you would do low to mid 140s with that setup. I'm not sure what kind of space you have back there, but if you can squeeze out like 7-8ft3 you can do a slot port and do fairly well.

Higher than many' date=' if that helps you feel better about it lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
And yeah, space is valuable in those TC's.[/quote']

it does seeing as im only in high school n this is my first time trying this. lol but i think i may go ported but leaning towards staying sealed because i do love the sound quality. maybe if i try off some tones instead of the songs i just randomly had on cd's and actually let my amp cool first i'll do a little better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.