Help on COmponent sets please!!!

jonB
10+ year member

I am seriously considering pickupg up a set of CDT Cl-61's for my integra. Subjectively speaking what are the best speakers of the following: Mb Quart Reference RSD 213, CDT Cl-61, or Crystal Crystal CsC50s or CsC50t?

assume all are same price which would you choose and why?

Also what is the diff between a titanium and silk dome tweeter?

i know that titanium tweeters are known to be more harsh than silk domes. i mean harsh by ear scretching highs...like nails on a chalk board. vs the softness of silk tweets

no one can tell u what the best ones are because all components sound different and u need to hear what u like. all i can tell u is Mb quart uses titanium tweeters and they are very harsh speakers. I personally would get either the CDT's or Crystals. Although CDT's are like 200 something dollars and Crystals can be had for 140 on http://www.purecaraudio.com

JonB, did you ever get the CL-61a for your Integra? I've got some on the way for my '94 Integra and I'm just wondering if they're a ***** to install...though I'll probably have them professionally installed...thx.

If you can fit those CDT's in your car then you are a lucky dog //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif . How come you didn't include OZ Audio Matrix series on your list? I think there on sale at sounddomain.com; it has the silk/cotton tweeters, and the oh so famous Iron-Boron magnet. Expensive? Yes, but one of the finest on the market (did i say there on sale).

Dave Coperton has them in his BMW Hartge H50 (a tuned M3 with the M5's V8 in it!). Dave is a engineer for Rockford Fosgate; lol.

I've since received my CL-61a and had them installed, so I can confirm that they do fit in the doors of the 94-01 Acura Integra hatch. I can also confirm that they sound AMAZING!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a web site can't tell you too much what you really need to do is just listen to them i've heard titanium tweeter that sound incredible and ones that sound like ****. There are so many other factors that play into the equation and finding out the best way is just to go into a store with a song you like and have heard the most and play it on components at each store. using your own material is best instead of their stuff since you are already used to hearing it before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.