2023 Challenger - New Build, Need Component Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

swinger

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello All,

I'm an old time SQL-head from the early 00s, having ran lots of Nakamichi, CDT, Cadence, USAmps, equipment. The new cars aren't as easy as those back then. I have a new 2023 Challenger with the butt-quality Alpine System and want to do a full upgrade.

1. What is the best Line Out Converter to use for this?

2. How many channel amplifier do I need to replace the stock Alpine setup and add in woofers?

3. I'm used to having my bass heavy but clean. I've ran between 2-3 15" woofers in sealed enclosures over the years, using DVC2 running series/parallel to either 2 or 1.333 ohms. I have no idea what woofers are good nowadays. In the past I've run TCSounds, ImageDynamics, Adire Audio, and in my SPL days, MMATS. I'm not skeet what I can fit in this car yet, but ideally I'd like to run (2) 15s with DVC4 rated @ 600-750 W (RMS) each / 850-1000 W (Peak) each. I'd run parallel / parallel if the amp can take 1 ohm @ 1200-1500 Wrms (which shouldn't be unreasonable), but the question is the other channels.

4. Does anyone know of any good high sensitivity drop in speakers for the stock system? I'd like to avoid custom fabrication / baffles and prefer to avoid in putting in components unless everything is the right factory size and I just need to worry about packaging a crossover.

I appreciate your help to catch me up 20 years! Thanks!

Last edited:
I like the AudioControl line of multichannel LOCs, versatile, quiet, effective. CDT is still a great speaker option for 2/4 ohm replacement speakers. I'm not a fan of 15's in a car, pretty much run dual 10's or 12's in my builds. Get louder than most can even stand and they have better punch, faster attack - dual Focal 33v2s sealed/stuffed, 13s currently.

If there is anything that has really improved, exploded, in leaps and bounds, it's the amplification market. This is where a little knowledge and experience is really helpful.

If you want to get some input here, start with the car year make and model so there is a starting point for what is needed. Then, is this going to be a strictly loud-as-hell SPL system or more SQ/SQL. You can have both volume and sound quality these days and I don't actually do the SPL thing anymore, times to short and I wanna enjoy the ride be it loud or low. Sound quality is every bit as important as volume to me.

Helps to know what if any of the equipment you want to re-use too.
Are you considering going fully active with DSP tuning?
What is your skill level in doing a little modification if needed?

Most importantly budget.

Once forum dwellers know how much of your hard earned dollars they can help you part with, there will be no shortage of suggestion's.

Last edited:
Crutchfield can tell you what speaker will fit your car.

for subs, Image Dynamics and Adire are still around. my last sub i bought was from Fi. things built solid af and sounds great

fwiw, ive used JL, RE, Alpine subs in the past. Fi is no joke

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...