HELP on box build! 2 12s

Participant count
  • Participant list

okurk5

Help on build please!.. okay I have a 4 door chevy 2000 blazer, I have 2 db drive okur k5 12s dual 2 ohm 1500 peak 750 rms, I would like to make these things hit really low? I was going to build them in a really big band pass type with a 6" aero port? but people are telling me that they are'ntmad to be put in a band pass?? so what I would like to do is take up the entire hatch area and get it to a 32 hertz. yes ik I probably wont need the whole space but if I need to I will any opinons or anything I wanted to invert also but I wanna see what would other people do need help please??

Just do regular ported. You cannot tune to 32hz in a band pass without making it sound like poo. Bigger box lower tuning and sound deadening will bring out the lows.
but if I do the regular aero port with the big box and tune it to 32 it should be decent?? what if I did a regular vented?? wouldn't aero port be more affecent?? ive had them band new since oct. and havnt had a chance to run them ive been waiting for the right stuff now im ready for the box build. thanks for the info.

but if I do the regular aero port with the big box and tune it to 32 it should be decent?? what if I did a regular vented?? wouldn't aero port be more affecent?? ive had them band new since oct. and havnt had a chance to run them ive been waiting for the right stuff now im ready for the box build. thanks for the info.
Aeros are efficient in the sense that they dont take up as much room but the bigger the diameter, the longer it has to be, sometimes it gets much longer than the enclosure itself. Its hard to squeeze in the right amount of port area since the diameter is set in stone. Slot port is a lot easier to get the port area right because you can manipulate the length and width of the port however you see fit. Its not as efficient because it takes up more space. Both are just a means to and end.

Download torres box calculator and winisd. Plug in numbers and experiment with torres and look up tutorials on youtube for winisd. Use the two in conjunction.

Help on build please!.. okay I have a 4 door chevy 2000 blazer, I have 2 db drive okur k5 12s dual 2 ohm 1500 peak 750 rms, I would like to make these things hit really low? I was going to build them in a really big band pass type with a 6" aero port? but people are telling me that they are'ntmad to be put in a band pass?? so what I would like to do is take up the entire hatch area and get it to a 32 hertz. yes ik I probably wont need the whole space but if I need to I will any opinons or anything I wanted to invert also but I wanna see what would other people do need help please??
If you need a box, hmu. I'll get you loud man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.