help me rebuild my front stage and integrate rear fill

Well I was thinking that since madisound usually models the drivers as well, and the xos are setup to work with 8 ohm tweets and 4 or 8 ohm mids. I could make sure I choose tthe drivers wwith correct nominal impedance and with an Fs out of the range it will be playing....still wont work?? I'm still learning here.

Fitting an 8 will do wonders.....awwwwww yyeeeeaaaahhhhhh kinda wonders. I don't know what it is about midbass 8s they just do it for me they bring the substage forward quite a bit and seem to balance out the highs better.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I also agree where theres a will theres a way, may need to do some fiberglass work but be worth it.

I would never use that driver in a car. It is ment to be rear horn loaded, in a TL, or at least in a big ported box. And will most likely need to be on axis to sound good. plus they are $250 each!

Now you're getting somewhere. Yes you will need a tweeter with the scan speak driver. And a xo.

If you look at the impedance graph for that driver you can see that, although it is a 4 ohm driver, if you crossover at 3,000 Hz the impedance is about 8 ohms. This is one of the reasons passive xo's are hard to do. Oh and the impedance can change when you put it in a box!

Duane

Now you're getting somewhere. Yes you will need a tweeter with the scan speak driver. And a xo.
If you look at the impedance graph for that driver you can see that, although it is a 4 ohm driver, if you crossover at 3,000 Hz the impedance is about 8 ohms. This is one of the reasons passive xo's are hard to do. Oh and the impedance can change when you put it in a box!

Duane

would my door count as an impedance changing box? what about a lower xover point? but then that might require me to keep the mid and tweeter closer together...or maybe try a diff driver? What should I be looking for in a mid chart? flat impedance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.