Help me pick 2 amps

spraydformula
10+ year member

I'm putting together a stereo system for a 1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula. I'll be running 1 10 inch JL Audio 10w6 in a stealthbox, Diamond Audio 6 1/2 inch S600a components and i'm still looking for some good coaxials for the rear seat panels. I definately prefer SQ so thats the approach i'm taking. I plan on running an amp for the JL and an amp for the components and coaxials. Any suggestions on a good Class D amp?

dont even bother getting rear speakers.

Do u care about the price of the amps? uve got good equipment, Pheonix gold, JL, Hifonics, Us Acoustics, soundstream

Check out amps from them

Im not getting speakers for the rear panels in the hatch. The rear speakers im talking about are right behind the front seats. I've heard mixed opinions on the US Acoustics. I'll pay for some good amps but I really dont wanna break myself for them.

Well, lets take the Z1000D in comparison to ESX's V1000. I haven't really heard much about Hifonics amps. I heard a lot about US Acoustics high end amps and Soundstream amps, i've owned ESX amps. How does Hifonics amps compare?

WELL I HAVEN'T OWNED ANY AMPS BUT

HIFONICS/ ALPINE/ AND PIONEER

so i can only compare those brands, although i've had experience with

jl, profile, xtant, memphis, audio art, and rf amps

if moeny is not an issue, get Zapco for comps, i would love to have one of their amps.

Arc Audio, Orion, JL, Croosfire, Memphis also make great amps.

If money weren't an issue, i would like to get Zapco all around, but zapco for speakers, and JL for the sub (since u have a JL sub) would be a good choice.

I've decided to go with 1 US Acoustics 800D and 1 600D. This should round out my system nicely providing the power i'm looking for while maintaining the SQ i'm looking for. A Firebird's interior is pretty much one big enclosure so, if done right, the sound stage can be made to sound very good. I've also decided to go with Peerless Components all the way around. I had MB Quartz components before and although they sounded pretty good, they were way too bright. I've heard both the Peerless components and the Diamond Audio components and the Peerless midbass speakers come across nicely and are very precise. The tweeters produce a nice crisp high but nothing overly harsh which is perfect for my setup.

Originally posted by spraydformula What exactly is so great about hifonics amps?
Extremely underrrated and super efficient hardly ever get hot. Solid to the core. Cousin has been pushing the same HiFonics amp at one ohm for over 8 years and thing still slams. Older GEN X, XI series is a lot better than most of the newer stuff I have seen and heard, but still good amps no matter what. It sounds like you are going with USX and thats a good choice too. Zapco makes some killer amps as well.

Originally posted by spraydformula Well, lets take the Z1000D in comparison to ESX's V1000. I haven't really heard much about Hifonics amps. I heard a lot about US Acoustics high end amps and Soundstream amps, i've owned ESX amps. How does Hifonics amps compare?
z1000d -

nice amp

4ohms enough power to push a "low end sub - ed k, 12w3, type r, etc.."

2ohms - enough to push 2 subs or a higher end sub like an Ed o, w7, etc..

1ohm - push 2 subs or even higher end sub - idmax, ed a , etc..

it does get hot after hours and hours of play..

offers

subsonic filter

level

bass boost

lp filter

remote gain too.....

pretty nice look to it also - u can check my 2 out on the gallery....

overall i'm happy w/the amps, they provide me w/everything i'm looking for

clean, nice look, and powerful

next amp to get after that is either pg or memphis

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.