amp for edk

bshime45
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WI
i want to go with a ported box in order for the sub to get a little louder.. i'll be getting the new flat cone edk.... i've read that you need a subsonic filter on the amplifier if you use a ported enclosure.... i was lookin at a profile amp to power it, but it doesn't have a subsonic filter.... ive searched in this section and i haven't got an answer... i want an amp that would power the edk, prolly around 400 watts, but which also has a subsonic filter.... unless i don't need one at all... any comments are appreciated.

i'm hopin not to spend too much, i'm gettin the dual 4 and wiring it down to 2 ohms i believe....

As long as you keep your enclosure tuning freq low(25-33Hz)

You won't need a sub-sonic filter with 400w of power.

If you tune higher for SPL and increase power the need for a sub-sonic filter increases.

so i'm not really smart with the tuning... if it's just for daily driving what should i have the box tuned to

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.