Help Me Out Guys!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

basshedz06
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright guys buddy of mine has a fosgate power hx2 10 that he bought from my best friend brother in law that was givin to him....yea i know ****ed up ain't??? well he doesn't have enough power to even push this monster he is pissin it off with 500 watts from a sony 4 channel amp.... so sad.......well i made him an offer i would give him a brand new alpine 12 type s for the 10 and i would build a box for him. well the box is done and sounds good in my car and he likes it, hooked it up in his car, plays for awhile and his amps get hot and shut off. the 10 never done it but the 12 does it, turns the key off try it again plays for a minute and it gets hot and off it goes. So my question is what is causeing this, it never done this in my car on my amp which is a brutus 2000 any help would be thankful guys holla atch boy and help me out.

if your still using the 4 channel... ya gotta hook wire to ea coil and run 2 wires outta the box. hook 1 wire to rear channels bridged and other wire to front bridged

Maybe the signal is greater from one cd player causing the amp to heat up and go into protect, see this happen before, adjust gain to new CD player output and you shoudl be fine.

no onlly one running one sub we are doing a swap he is gettin the 12 and i am gettin the 10 the 12 is cutting off his amp but the 10 isn't. the 10 is a 2ohm sub and the 12 is a 4ohm sub wired down to 2 ohm an i think the 2ohm 10 is wired down to 4ohm.

no onlly one running one sub we are doing a swap he is gettin the 12 and i am gettin the 10 the 12 is cutting off his amp but the 10 isn't. the 10 is a 2ohm sub and the 12 is a 4ohm sub wired down to 2 ohm an i think the 2ohm 10 is wired down to 4ohm.
you cant wire it down to 2 ohm, it would be wired up to a 4 ohm load. but either way every amp that i know of (car audio wise) is always stable at 2 ohms. what amp is it?

you cant wire it down to 2 ohm, it would be wired up to a 4 ohm load. but either way every amp that i know of (car audio wise) is always stable at 2 ohms. what amp is it?
No the sub is a D4, so yes it can be wired to a 2 or 8ohm load.

No, I have an A600 that is not.

It sounds like the amp isn't stable for 2ohms bridged, find one that is.

10 rockford fosgate hx2 is a dvc at 2 ohms

12 alpine type s dvc at 4ohms

amp is a sony 4 channel at 500 watts

the 10 was hooked to the sony amp an doing fine didn't shut the amp off or anything but when he hooked up the 12 it shut the amp off.

i have the 12 wired down to a 2 ohm load and i suppose the 10 is wired too 2ohm don't know for sure cause he put the sub in long time ago.

the 10 cant be wired to 2 ohm , only 4 or 1 ohm. if you are bridging your amp it is most likely not stable at 2 ohms. only 4. so since the 12 is wired down to 2 ohms, it is sending your amp into protect mode due to a to low of impedence. post up the specs on your amp and i will let you know how you need to wire it, for it to work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.