Help me choose subs Camaro SS

Aaron0731

Install going in my 2010 Camaro. I have a vehicle specific box at 1 cuft per chamber sealed, 2 12" subs. I am limited to a 6.5" mounting depth. Power will be supplied by a Hifonics brx 2000.1d which puts out 2000W at 1 ohm and 1400W at 2. I am going with a 2 ohm load.

So far I like the Image Dynamics IDQ12 and the Alpine type R. Thoughts between these 2 and what other good options are there? I've been out of car audio since the early 2000s and am getting back in.

Mounting depth too deep on the Kappas
i dont think youll find many who will argue with either the idq's or type-r's esp if youre getting them for the right price and not wanting to go huge on spl. Thats not to say that they wont get loud in the right box and with that amp. If the amp is 1 ohm stable, you should probably go with the 1 ohm final impedance.

I made that mistake when i bought my subs 4+ years ago thinking that it would be "going easier" on the amp

Mounting depth too deep on the Kappas
I will give you a sweet deal on the Kappas I have. And you said 6.5" depth, the Kappas I have are 6 5/16" which should work just fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Install going in my 2010 Camaro. I have a vehicle specific box at 1 cuft per chamber sealed, 2 12" subs. I am limited to a 6.5" mounting depth. Power will be supplied by a Hifonics brx 2000.1d which puts out 2000W at 1 ohm and 1400W at 2. I am going with a 2 ohm load.
So far I like the Image Dynamics IDQ12 and the Alpine type R. Thoughts between these 2 and what other good options are there? I've been out of car audio since the early 2000s and am getting back in.
look at sundown e too believe with that power in small box they'd sound good car audio bargain has those bstock for $95 each., lots of others under $200 sub that'll fit and handle the power u have.. i'll list more when i think i of them later

look at sundown e too believe with that power in small box they'd sound good car audio bargain has those bstock for $95 each., lots of others under $200 sub that'll fit and handle the power u have.. i'll list more when i think i of them later
$95 per sundown e series is dang good! Cheaper than my rockford P3's and theyre likely more violent

$95 per sundown e series is dang good! Cheaper than my rockford P3's and theyre likely more violent
yeah the bstock just have 30 day warranty but if u set gain right thats all u need.. tey just may have xtra glue on front of it of something minor like that.. guy here in florida got 2 15 E 's v2 there they sent wrong ohm loads so they refunded $ and sent him 2 newer v3 models free., so i talk them up.. he has big suv with cheap 1300rms amp he traded for and says subs shake ground all around the truck.. just ask peeps if u need more clearance in depth cause E 12's are 6.5" u may have to screw baffle (board) to front to gain 3/4" more depth idk..

i dont think youll find many who will argue with either the idq's or type-r's esp if youre getting them for the right price and not wanting to go huge on spl. Thats not to say that they wont get loud in the right box and with that amp. If the amp is 1 ohm stable, you should probably go with the 1 ohm final impedance.
I made that mistake when i bought my subs 4+ years ago thinking that it would be "going easier" on the amp
I've considered going to 1 ohm but 2 is substantially easier on my cars electrical system.

Thanks for the input! I've never heard Sundown subs

I will give you a sweet deal on the Kappas I have. And you said 6.5" depth, the Kappas I have are 6 5/16" which should work just fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Model # of your subs?

hey u know what maybe good in that box dc level 2 they take small box have tons of excursion (we got a guy here had 1 level 4 with 4k hit over 150 ported) anyway they $200 each good subs oh 6" depth too.. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88146_DC-Audio-Level-2-12-m2-D4.html
Nice, those do take a small box. How do you like those Champion Pros? I've heard GREAT things about those and actually was going to buy them but they don't make a dual 2 ohm version. And the RMS might be a little low for my amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.