Help me build a box for a 10" JL w6v3

Participant count
  • Participant list
So the plan is this , according to a box building program the dimensions given by JL for a w6v3 12" sealed equal out to 1.155 cubic ft. So if I go with 12.5x12.5x18 I get very close to what JL specs out. This will also fit in the truck and I won't have to sell these 12"s and downgrade to a 10". I'll update this post with pics once completed but it will be a while. I'm just making plans for now. Not crazy about sealed but it is what it is and if it sounds that bad I make a single 10" ported . Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would take what JL specs say with a grain of salt. I would only look at that as bare minimum, not ideal. You could technically do a 12" ported in your application but I would try to aim closer to 2.0 cu ft if possible. Using the dimensions 12.5 x 12.5 x 40, you can achieve a pretty good response from that 12w6v3. You can use a 4" flared aeroport on the side to accommodate.. Another option is you can use 2 12" passive radiators on the side. This will use up the least amount of internal space and will still be able to achieve your 34 hz tune that you're looking for. I personally am a fan of PR boxes when space is so limited. Creative Sound - Product Details this is what I'm talking about. Someone on this forum recommended these to me before and I absolutely loved them while I had them. It does cost a bit extra to get them into your plans but it's well worth it for space saving purposes while still being able to get the response you're looking for.

I would take what JL specs say with a grain of salt. I would only look at that as bare minimum, not ideal. You could technically do a 12" ported in your application but I would try to aim closer to 2.0 cu ft if possible. Using the dimensions 12.5 x 12.5 x 40, you can achieve a pretty good response from that 12w6v3. You can use a 4" flared aeroport on the side to accommodate.. Another option is you can use 2 12" passive radiators on the side. This will use up the least amount of internal space and will still be able to achieve your 34 hz tune that you're looking for. I personally am a fan of PR boxes when space is so limited. Creative Sound - Product Details this is what I'm talking about. Someone on this forum recommended these to me before and I absolutely loved them while I had them. It does cost a bit extra to get them into your plans but it's well worth it for space saving purposes while still being able to get the response you're looking for.
I don't know if I can squeeze 12.5 X 40 but I will check. Another thing is I would really rather the sub not on top so I can use the box like a counter if needed. Would I be able to have the sub face out of the side like a bass tube? Maybe even the port or the aero port from the other end ?

I'm also thinking of putting the 2 12"s in a sealed box facing the rear hatch. They'd be like 2" from hatch , not sure how that would affect sound but I'm limited on space . It also concerns me that the back of the magnet would be a couple of inches away from inner wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.