Box Build Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

c9obr6a

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all, making a box for my daughter and haven’t done anything like this since the 90’s. I’ve been reading / researching allot and think I have a decent design attached below for a single Fosgate 10” P3. Was hoping for feedback or if anyone can check the performance of the box on a builder program. Definitely appreciate any help, hate to waist a bunch of time and $$. I did reach out to the Manufacture and they recommended 40Hz tuning and not to go lower. Outside of Box would be 20 ½” x 14”x14” out of .75” MDF screwed and glued.

Vehicle : 2016 Fusion

Location in the vehicle: trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 40x14x14

Subwoofer make and model: Fosgate P3 10” DVC 2 Ohm

Subwoofer Size: 10”

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot Front

What type of music do you like?: All, Teenage Girl

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz): 40

Volume : 1.40

Questions: below sketch -up drawing going to work?

Attachments

• box Build.png
    box Build.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 25
  • P3.png
    P3.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 27
With today's modern music I'd tune lower, those p3 10s are pretty versatile.

I just designed this 4th and although it's tuned 45hz it'll go pretty low.
ZlprE0.jpg

A 40hz tuning with a ported enclosure is prefab tuning, personally if you want to stick to 40hz ported I'd just shop around for a prefab that'll work for your space and sub.

ZlprE0.jpg

A 40hz tuning with a ported enclosure is prefab tuning, personally if you want to stick to 40hz ported I'd just shop around for a prefab that'll work for your space and sub.

Thank You for the reply, going to do some more research and study your box design.

ZlprE0.jpg

A 40hz tuning with a ported enclosure is prefab tuning, personally if you want to stick to 40hz ported I'd just shop around for a prefab that'll work for your space and sub. also check subwooferbeast
amazing design but it needs to be more researched. let's see

Last edited:
Hello all, making a box for my daughter and haven’t done anything like this since the 90’s. I’ve been reading / researching allot and think I have a decent design attached below for a single Fosgate 10” P3. Was hoping for feedback or if anyone can check the performance of the box on a builder program. Definitely appreciate any help, hate to waist a bunch of time and $$. I did reach out to the Manufacture and they recommended 40Hz tuning and not to go lower. Outside of Box would be 20 ½” x 14”x14” out of .75” MDF screwed and glued.

Vehicle : 2016 Fusion

Location in the vehicle: trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 40x14x14

Subwoofer make and model: Fosgate P3 10” DVC 2 Ohm

Subwoofer Size: 10”

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot Front

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz): 40

Volume : 1.40

Questions: below sketch -up drawing going to work?
I ran my 2 p3d2-10's in a 4th order and wow I was very impressed, with a clean thick deep rich bass,mine was tuned at 35hz and only 700watts on them with a Audio Control Epicenter it had a SPL of 143. Until one blew . But those subs are pretty impressive, now I'm running xtant 12 in a 4th order 3:1 ratio and those 10's aren't even close to this 12.

I ran my 2 p3d2-10's in a 4th order and wow I was very impressed, with a clean thick deep rich bass,mine was tuned at 35hz and only 700watts on them with a Audio Control Epicenter it had a SPL of 143. Until one blew . But those subs are pretty impressive, now I'm running xtant 12 in a 4th order 3:1 ratio and those 10's aren't even close to this 12.
Interesting... A 4th tuned 35hz?
Do tell...

LOL.
I like 40hz tuning myself but would probably try to get down to 36hz ish if you do not have a subsonic filter on your amp or source unit. You may run into some mid 30hz material in modern pop music and I do not believe those subs are robust enough to really take a lot of punishment playing below port tuning.

You may consider buying some PVC pipe or even pre-made fluted ports (from PartsExpress) and you can modify tuning by just swapping/shortening/extending ports if wherever you try to tune isn't cutting it once she actually gets a couple hours of playing whatever her average listening is. Just go easy until you feel out the limits of those subs. Playing any sub too far below port tuning can break them very quickly and with not much power.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I got scared of the 4th being to much for a newbie but did end up building a box to 2.1 Cubic Foot tuned to 36Hz. Should be done in the next week or two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...