Help, Installing HU in 2002 Mercury Sable

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lowkey
10+ year member

I've put in a few HUs but not in a car with a separate amp in the trunk. Apparently the HU is wired to the amp in the trunk which is wired to the in car speakers. I know that I need this kit:

Amazon.com: Metra 99-5716 Dash Kit For Taurus/Sable 00-03 Kit with Harness: Car Electronics

but I'm not sure if I need anything else? I was told I may need to rerun the speaker wires but that the kit may have a plug adapter 'thing' that makes use of the existing wiring and would save me the trouble.

Anyone have experience with an install in a Ford 00-03 Taurus or Sable??

Appreciate any help

Trying to buy what I need so I can get this factory crap out and get my subs/amp in the car:up2somet:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.