Help identify uknown subwoofer

ramo55

uk
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new when it comes to the whole car audio scene. I've recently bought this subwoofer and I can't seem to tell it's make or anything about it. Can anyone shed some light?

Sorry for large images, I don't know how to put them in spoilers.

5uKVJqh.jpg

scR67C5.jpg

Looks like OEM....never seen a purple surround on a sub before. Any stickers on or around it t hat toys ee?
Sadly no. Absolutely nothing, no papers no stickers, no writing. OEM I guess means it's a stock one pulled out from a car?

Looks to be a single vc. I would bet its a 8ohm if not higher. Prob built to be powered by a plate amp
Right, So I guess I'll need to go to a shop that can test it for me then and find out it's power rating and such? From the pics, does it look decent or should I just scrap it and invest in a proper clean fresh sub? What i'm asking is, is it worth the hassle?

Also, do you need pics of it from the side?
You dont have access to a DMM? I mean u can wire to ur cars amp without issue just keep volume down. May be a single 8ohm or 16ohm any car amp can handle those loads. Naw I mean you can see it only has a single set of terminals.

yeah i've seen some company with blue and purple surrounds, i thought it was like pyle but that would have a name so, yeah either oem and or ht sub maybe..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.