Soundqubed Products

Bosshogg01

I'm thinking about upgrading my system to 2 Soundqubed HDC3-12's running off of a Soundqubed

Q1-2200.2 amplifier. I have two questions

1. Is Soundqubed a quality brand with quality products. I'm used to buying the more "name brand" products like JL, Kicker, RockfordFosgate, MTX, etc.

2. If i'm running 2000 watts to the subs, how much power should i be running to the mids and highs to make it sound balanced. I'm thinking of running 4 sets of components. It will be installed in a 2011 Crown vic.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, and recommendations.

Ive owned 5 HDC3s. 3 18's and 2 10's. Good subs for the money as long as you aren't looking for a sub to play extremely low. A 2200 will not be enough power though.

To answer the questions and not offer up alternatives (Looking at you Gramps).

1. Yes Soundqubed is a good brand. Sister company of DD which is one of the best.

2. You mention 2000 watts per sub. One SQ 2200.1 will not give you 2000 per sub.. It will get them moving for sure, but they won't be maxed out. If you want balance you will need to amplify your components, probably need 125x4 or higher rms amp.

1. Yes Soundqubed is a good brand. Sister company of DD which is one of the best.

2. You mention 2000 watts per sub. One SQ 2200.1 will not give you 2000 per sub.. It will get them moving for sure, but they won't be maxed out. If you want balance you will need to amplify your components, probably need 125x4 or higher rms amp.
I'd rather see spend his hard-earned money on products that are second to none. Dd has gotten so over priced id use fi in a heart beat..

Never heard a musical audioque setup.

I'd rather see spend his hard-earned money on products that are second to none. Dd has gotten so over priced id use fi in a heart beat..Never heard a musical audioque setup.
DD Over priced? yes they are. Good Products? Yes they are.

Soundqubed is price more inline with the competition. The guy didn't ask how low the subs go, he asked if they are a good brand. Which they are....

Though if he wants LOW BASS, there are better options. If he wants to get LOUD, Soundqubed HDC3's and HDC4's are up there...

yeah u lookin' cause i'm pretty.. i think he meant 2k total guess whats subs that be perfect for.... come on guess.. see i didn't say it..

I'm thinking about upgrading my system to 2 Soundqubed HDC3-12's running off of a Soundqubed Q1-2200.2 amplifier. I have two questions

1. Is Soundqubed a quality brand with quality products. I'm used to buying the more "name brand" products like JL, Kicker, RockfordFosgate, MTX, etc.

2. If i'm running 2000 watts to the subs, how much power should i be running to the mids and highs to make it sound balanced. I'm thinking of running 4 sets of components. It will be installed in a 2011 Crown vic.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, and recommendations.
if you getting hdc3s, they will laugh at 2k. They will get loud in a proper box no doubt but wont be really moving. You'll want at least a a Q 3500.1 at half ohm to fully feed the hdc3s. I had a 7k amp at 1 ohm to a pair of them and they loved it compared to the 3.5k at 1 ohm. Half ohm on 3.5k should get them fully powered.

SQ is a quality brand, their products are very reasonably priced for the performance you get.

HDC3's are not musical

That 2200 will not be enough for a pair. It doesn't take much to move that sub, which is great but you'll want to feed it more if you want it to actually perform.

I had a single hdc3 12 on 2k,3k, and 4k.

3k clean is what did the best for my setup. That copper coil can take some heat.

Sorry for the confusion, the subs are rated at 1500w RMS, and the Q1-2200.2 is rated at 2300w at 1ohm. I plan to purchase (2) dual 1 ohm subs, and wire them to 1 ohm. If these subs can handle more, and there's an map that can supply the power, i'll take suggestions, and do some resewarch.

Sorry for the confusion, the subs are rated at 1500w RMS, and the Q1-2200.2 is rated at 2300w at 1ohm. I plan to purchase (2) dual 1 ohm subs, and wire them to 1 ohm. If these subs can handle more, and there's an map that can supply the power, i'll take suggestions, and do some resewarch.
Do you already own the subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bosshogg01

Bosshogg01
philadelphia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe