Help Guys! - Choosing new Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rockrz

Tyland
I'm wanting to get imput from you guys since I know most here know more about this stuff and I do... thanks in advance!

I have a mid-size extended cab pickup and I need to upgrade my head unit (the current on is several years old now).

I'm wanting a USB port on front for my short USB thumb drive that has all my tunes (about 16gigs and growing)... and I'd like to have a remote with numbers on the key pad where I can type in what folder number I want and make it go right to that folder - on my current head unit (no remote) if I want to go to say folder 123, I have to keep hitting a button on the head unit till I get there.  I'd like the new stereo to be more convenient than that. 

I'm also wanting at least a 7 band EQ... I know there will probably be pre-sets, but I'd like the option of setting up / saving my own EQ settings

I'd like to have a head unit that can read the acoustics of my truck's interior and customize the sound... which is a feature the is present on the Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS which I liked a lot but it does not seem to have a remote that allows me to conveniently jump to whatever folder I want by putting in the folder number (if there is a way to do this on this unit let me know)

I'd like to keep the budget around $300 or less... if no head units are available with the features I'm looking for, I'd be willing to up the budget if need be but I'd like to at least keep it at $500 or less.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

80prs but doesn't have front USB. The dual rear USB is much better in my option. Front looks terrible and very easy to break and have connection issues with loud setups. I use USB cables and keep my flash drives in my glovebox.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.