HELP! box design for 2 15 in L5s......

kickersubs4life
10+ year member

I just bought 2 dual 2 ohm 15 in kicker L5s and I want to build a vented box for them. I don't know if I can fit it in my trunk though. I have 37.5 in-width 17 in-height 26 in-depth. Could someone help me figure out a box design for my trunk! I would like to tune the port to 30 htz. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What kind of car is it? That's not a whole lot of space for those monsters to breath in. There's a bunch of box builders on here (pro rabbit) is one name that comes to mind. He might be able to give you a hand. Good luck!

I have had good luck with that driver in as small of a box as 4 cubic feet after all displacement is taken into account. You would probably be best off just running 1, unless someone has a better idea.

Dont listen to em I have 2 15" Mojos that I ran in 5cubes (****** prefab box) and it was loud..Allbeit that I built a custom 4.2cubes @32hz for a single 15 and it was just as loud so I'm in the middle of building a box that literally has the same dimensions and is a tad under 7 cubes...

But for 1 15" Kicker L5, 6 cubes is wayy too much I'd def go down the route of throwin em both in you already have them both so why not..

Only other problem I can think of is if their both D2's you'd either have a 2ohm or .5ohm starting load so dont cheap out on the amp and get something that can run at .5ohm daily without clipping and get those subs the watts they need

sacsking916- they are 2008s

Jdubbs04ss- I want to try to run both of them I just need to figure out a box plan that will fit in my trunk. I already have the Kenwood X1200M amp that I was going to run them down to one ohm @ 2400 watts

Dude that's a decent amp and everything but it's only 1200 rms @ 1 ohm. You'd only be giving em' 600 a piece. They're rated at 750 aren't they? I guess it's okay. You can underpower them. Won't sound as good IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.