Help! Audio Technix 400.1 clipping.

Well if not then I guess I'm just going to chalk it up as a loss. To be honest with you I had no intentions buying that amp lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. if i would've gone with that RF amp i would've purchased it from amazon or shopped around. Yea, most def. I'll just keep the items at least I know I like the way the sub sounds. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a used amp on craigslist. oh and it's a d2 wired to 1 ohm.

Well if not then I guess I'm just going to chalk it up as a loss. To be honest with you I had no intentions buying that amp lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. if i would've gone with that RF amp i would've purchased it from amazon or shopped around. Yea, most def. I'll just keep the items at least I know I like the way the sub sounds. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a used amp on craigslist. oh and it's a d2 wired to 1 ohm.
should be plenty of power for it then, may be something else in your install. 400w should make it move no problem man. is your box small or sealed or?

something just isn't adding up.

should be plenty of power for it then, may be something else in your install. 400w should make it move no problem man. is your box small or sealed or?

something just isn't adding up.

It's a sealed box with .7 cu ft. I believe the required space for this sub is between .5-.75 cu ft. Im probably going to wire it to 4ohms which would be pushing 100 rms. I don't know what it can be.

It's a sealed box with .7 cu ft. I believe the required space for this sub is between .5-.75 cu ft. Im probably going to wire it to 4ohms which would be pushing 100 rms. I don't know what it can be.
buy a little polyfill to account for sub displacement and when you have time/room.. do a ported box. The amp rightly should be doing more than that, those AT amps are beastly amps and i'd say underrated no problem.

I wired it to 4 ohms.(sigh) The bass knob no longer indicates that it's clipping. Not the setup I was going for, but it'll do for now :-D. Hopefully by the end of this year i'll replace the amp. At least it takes of the stress of my 6x9 which sounded like @ss when a little bass went through them.

First off me say im sorry. I believe i never told you guys my HU was stock. After a few emails between Rick from AT and I he told me that stock decks may sometimes cause clipping and distortion. so after reading this me and my installer decide to switch out the one i have for an old kenwood he had laying around. sure enough problem was solved.man i feel stupid when im dealing with these things. Since i chose to by pass my my stock amp i am planning on buying an aftermarket one. I also want to replace my door speakers too. once again not knowing much about what are good products to buy at a resonable price i am asking you fellas what would go well with my sub that i have right now. thanks you guys man i thought i had to chalk this set up as a loss. I guess it kight help to let you guys know i have about 350 budget for amp and speakers.

what did you say your car was or do you know the speakersize that goes in it to begin with? we can work with any budget. I am going to bed but I am sure someone else will post you up some ideas before I get back to ya. Glad you got it worked out, I assumed you had an aftermarket one. Our bad on that one man. We assume but "try" to help best we can.

First off me say im sorry. I believe i never told you guys my HU was stock. After a few emails between Rick from AT and I he told me that stock decks may sometimes cause clipping and distortion. so after reading this me and my installer decide to switch out the one i have for an old kenwood he had laying around. sure enough problem was solved.man i feel stupid when im dealing with these things. Since i chose to by pass my my stock amp i am planning on buying an aftermarket one. I also want to replace my door speakers too. once again not knowing much about what are good products to buy at a resonable price i am asking you fellas what would go well with my sub that i have right now. thanks you guys man i thought i had to chalk this set up as a loss. I guess it kight help to let you guys know i have about 350 budget for amp and speakers.
Glad to hear the problem was solved! I never heard back from you via email so I was hoping for the best :) good deal!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.