Headunits with voltage readout.

csnut18
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NYC
Hi, I know this is a weird request but I want a headunit that has a voltage readout. I know the pioneers like the deh-p980bt have it in the vehicle dynamics screen but I dont want to get a pioneer due to the ground loop noise problems. Do any of you guys know which other headunit manufacturers have these voltage readouts built into the headunti? Thanks so much.

Hi, I know this is a weird request but I want a headunit that has a voltage readout. I know the pioneers like the deh-p980bt have it in the vehicle dynamics screen but I dont want to get a pioneer due to the ground loop noise problems. Do any of you guys know which other headunit manufacturers have these voltage readouts built into the headunti? Thanks so much.
its user error, the noise only happens if you fu*k up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Get the pioneer, Great Unit, I have had mine since they came out and no noise

Are you sure its user error? I know of cases in which their was severe alternator noise and when the pioneer was chucked and replaced with an alpine, their wasn't an ounce of alternator noise.

I do appreciate your reply to me and I will certainly consider getting the pioneer if nobody can help me find another brand.

they blow a fuse internally when the rca's are grounded out... thus causing a ground loop that will not go away unless you ground the rca's to the h/u or replace that fuse(which is VERY small and must be soldered)

Fwiw... the pioneer voltage displays are worthless. Mine shows that i drop to 11.2 but my dmm says i never go below 12.5... @ charging voltage they usually read identical...

I have 5 pioneer hu's 2-8600's, 6400, 2-7400's and have never had a problem with noise with any of them. I have a 8600 I my 78 camaro and I get some noise thru the speakers but thats coming from my spark plug wires they arent the noise suppression type and even the you can only here it at very low volumes once you turn it past 7 or 8 you cant hear it anymore.

your better off wiring in a voltage gauge or something the headunits are not that accurate
Do you know of other headunits besides pioneer that have the gauge though. I only need it to be somwhat accurate.

i can tell u this.... my 880 reads 16.1v....my stinger volt meter that was set identically with DMM to the battery under the hood reads 13.5-14.4....depending on if i'm idle or driving

Do you know of other headunits besides pioneer that have the gauge though. I only need it to be somwhat accurate.
What's the point of having a gauge that is only somewhat accurate?

FWIW I have an in-car power inverter that has an LED display, when you plug into the accessory/cigarette lighter port, it can tell you what voltage it is using, and what it is receiving. Maybe you should invest in one of those for $30.

The kenwood thing the guy mentioned is long discontinued and doesnt work with the newer head units. It seems like pioneer is the only one with this. That seems strange to me but oh well. I hope some comes up with goood news for me.

get a separate volt meter and use whatever HU you want?Stinger and others make them.
Yes, that is an option and one that I will consider as well if I find no headuntis besides pioneer with the voltmeter. The reason I am reluctant to do that is becuase I dont need a blue display somewhere else on the dash. I like things to look clean and nice. I am past the blue light stage hehe.

I am still hoping someone digs something up and finds a brand for me with the voltage gauge. I looked but I didnt find but it is possible I missed something so I still have hope someone will help me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.