Headunits with voltage readout.

its user error, the noise only happens if you fu*k up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Get the pioneer, Great Unit, I have had mine since they came out and no noise
or if car mechanics phucking with your system when its in the shop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yes, that is an option and one that I will consider as well if I find no headuntis besides pioneer with the voltmeter. The reason I am reluctant to do that is becuase I dont need a blue display somewhere else on the dash. I like things to look clean and nice. I am past the blue light stage hehe. I am still hoping someone digs something up and finds a brand for me with the voltage gauge. I looked but I didnt find but it is possible I missed something so I still have hope someone will help me.
put it inside the glove box or console somewhere, put a trigger on it to turn it OFF when you don't need it. two quick thoughts. G/L with your search and I HOPE you can calibrate an in-dash readout.

Why do you need to know your voltage constantly? I can see once in a while to make sure that you are not dipping to low and what not.
I have an 880 right now and I have the voltage read out. I rarely ever have that screen on.
I have a valentine one so the whistler and cobra isn't for me hehe.

I just looked on ebay and their are stinger voltage displays available there. I will do that if nothing else shows up. I guess I would put that in the glove compartment. I still would rather get it in the headunit though.

Hold on, would a pioneer deh-p980bt still have that rca ground problem? Doesn't any normal company fix any bugs that arise. Hasn't this been awhile already? I am asking because that seems to be my only option other than the stinger now.

Hold on, would a pioneer deh-p980bt still have that rca ground problem? Doesn't any normal company fix any bugs that arise. Hasn't this been awhile already? I am asking because that seems to be my only option other than the stinger now.
it really is not a big deal.

it's as simple as putting a tiny extra piece of wire..

P980BT here. No noise issues, and my deck is dead nuts with my voltmeter reading.

A digital meter is not going to keep up with the voltage fluctuations if your sub is cranked, you'll need an oscilloscope to see that type of movement.

If you really want a voltmeter and want it to look factory and im guessing that you dont have one in the dash alot of cars have different guage clusters for differnent models. My friend has an 02 monte ls that only came with a tach, fuel, and speedo, but my 02 ss has tach, temp, oil pressure, volts ,and fuel and the guage clusters swap out and all you have to do is change the oil pressure sensor on the motor. Thats another option if you dont want any extra guages on the dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.