Headin Home From Iraq

does anybody have an H701 with an Ai-Net HU as the controller? i havent seen to many people use and AI-Net HU with the H701 usually they use the C701, im kinda curious how it interfaces together.

does anybody have an H701 with an Ai-Net HU as the controller? i havent seen to many people use and AI-Net HU with the H701 usually they use the C701, im kinda curious how it interfaces together.
There are a few single dins that can control the h701. some like the interface, some don't. dva-9960 (crap imo), dva-9961, dva-9965.

I personally think the iva-w200 has the best interface for the h701, but it's a little outdated, but I don't care for the navi etc bells and whistles that's not audio-related.

There are a few single dins that can control the h701. some like the interface, some don't. dva-9960 (crap imo), dva-9961, dva-9965.
I personally think the iva-w200 has the best interface for the h701, but it's a little outdated, but I don't care for the navi etc bells and whistles that's not audio-related.
Using the h701 on the w200 is stupid easy, I tune driving sometimes, dumb, but I can lol.

nice, but just wondering, does the military not allow you to post pictures of the place u were at and some things you seen?

I never hear or see any pics from people comin back.. jw bout that

we can take pitures of almost everything but there is a lot that we cant put on the internet, ill go through some pics tonight and dedicate a thread for em hopefully have it up withing 24hrs, give or take

yea thats what i have heard, i was more curious if anybody had the combo that im going with or heard anything about it, im really interested to see how it interfaces, the manual for IXA-W404 says it has full control of the H701, but i guess ill just have to see for my self.

It's not made for fat fingers, though.
good thing i have skinny fingers....

oh i also found finished pics of my hatch, as it sits right now, ill post those tonight as well. once i get everything going tonight ill post links here.so expect some Iraq pics later

I built my truck when I got back in 05. Watch your shyt and dont get complacent. You arent home yet bro. Post up pics when you are set.

Where they stick ya in that Shyt hole? I was in the old Annaconda, I ear its pretty nice now,

I built my truck when I got back in 05. Watch your shyt and dont get complacent. You arent home yet bro. Post up pics when you are set.
Where they stick ya in that Shyt hole? I was in the old Annaconda, I ear its pretty nice now,

No worries, i don't go outside the wire, the Army General of the base (and i quote) said, "NAVY PERSONNEL ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO LEAVE THE FOB, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!" but the job im doing is cake i operate the gun that shoots down all the mortars and rockets that come into the base. but I'm in Balad, its a cake walk, i didnt think it was going to be this easy when we got here, there's taco smell, booger king, and subway..... cant even get away from the fast food joints when you leave the states.... but its taking longer to get the pics uploaded than i though, but i do have the ones of my car as is right now, ill post those and explain whats going on in following post.

OH H701 is in the mail on its way to my house now.... HEHEHE cant wait....

No worries, i don't go outside the wire, the Army General of the base (and i quote) said, "NAVY PERSONNEL ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO LEAVE THE FOB, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!" but the job im doing is cake i operate the gun that shoots down all the mortars and rockets that come into the base. but I'm in Balad, its a cake walk, i didnt think it was going to be this easy when we got here, there's taco smell, booger king, and subway..... cant even get away from the fast food joints when you leave the states.... but its taking longer to get the pics uploaded than i though, but i do have the ones of my car as is right now, ill post those and explain whats going on in following post.
OH H701 is in the mail on its way to my house now.... HEHEHE cant wait....
**** When i was there they called it mortaritavill. We had almost 800 rocket and mortar attacks. My tent was by the CSH, the hospitle. Not too far from the theatre. They brought the BK right when we were leaving. But being on the LSA wont keep you safe. I watched some MP and some officers get blown to shyt infront of the PX because they wanted to be first on the internet when the base was on yellow status. And have several friends that got purple hearts from rockets too. That MP was going home the next day. I wanna see your build so even still watch your A$$. lol. Man guns to shoot down the incoming? We only had return fire and rat partol/ qrf. Must be nice.

ok so internet was down yesterday so i couldnt get the pics up, but im gonna try again here in a minute if not then tomorrow, but i got some good ones to post for you guys, nothing to extreme considering that i dont get to go off base, but thats a good thing, ill be leaving here in about a week give or take.

**** When i was there they called it mortaritavill. We had almost 800 rocket and mortar attacks. My tent was by the CSH, the hospitle. Not too far from the theatre. They brought the BK right when we were leaving. But being on the LSA wont keep you safe. I watched some MP and some officers get blown to shyt infront of the PX because they wanted to be first on the internet when the base was on yellow status. And have several friends that got purple hearts from rockets too. That MP was going home the next day. I wanna see your build so even still watch your A$$. lol. Man guns to shoot down the incoming? We only had return fire and rat partol/ qrf. Must be nice.
The gun we use here is normally desined for Navy ship use, its a 20mm cannon, called C-Ram, google some vids, it takes to long for me to load them up here, but we get about 3-6 attacks daily here most of em dont make it in the base and if they do the are eighter duds or they didnt remove the safety devices off of them so they dont explode... i'll post a few pics of that as well...

The HU is being Replaced by Alpine IXA-W404 with NVE-M300, probably being hidden behind the glove box.

23lyv53.jpg

This is the stupified box i got now, its going to stay for now, will be making a MDF/fiberglass box in july with either 2 IDQ 12 D2 V.3 or 2 IDMAX 12 D2 V.3, not sure which ones just yet.

301ndvo.jpg

False Floor, makes room for storage, thinking of how to run a cooling system for the amps

2d6ue1.jpg

29z7dqu.jpg

The Cheep walmart Distro Blocks are temporary, eventually going to be replaced, still looking for the ones i want, the Power and Grounds are getting replaced as well (both these mods will be in july)

10nhmck.jpg

All the RCA'S are getting replaced as soon as i get back, with some new Monster's

1q30h1.jpg

The Autotek X-Over is being replaced by PXA-H701 as soon as i get home

16ljmso.jpg

r7jazm.jpg

Basic Layout will not Change, other than the Autotek Being swapped for the H701

30cod8i.jpg

Eventually i will need to either swap out the MEMPHIS 16-MC3004 for a 5ch, or try to find a 16-MC500D somewhere, but no luck finding one as of now

sordx5.jpg

sorry to those who expected these pics when i got to this point last year, but here they are now.

The first Rocket we shot down when we got here, it was heading for one of the chow halls

2z74acw.jpg

Night Fire with the C-RAM(counter rocket artillery mortar) one LOUD gun

4hdysy.jpg

1500 20mm High Incendiary Rounds, there as big around as a quarter and about 6" long

2qn4cgn.jpg

The WWE came and put on a show for us for X-Mas, they passed out fliers and markers and told us to write messages home on them, and this grunt writes "MARKER SMELLS GOOD" wow great words to show your parents why your in the army

1osv9t.jpg

The ENSIGN AND THE NEW MRAPS(replacing the Humvee's)

2guywiw.jpg

1" THICK BULLET PROOF GLASS WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE!!! IT NEARLY....WAIT NO I DID S**T MY SELF!!!

2dqvd02.jpg

5" of water after 4hrs of rain, then the mud never goes away

30ddzx1.jpg

so the ARMY didn't see any reason why they should give us Humvees with doors that closed properly till the door flew open, smashed into the barrier and the chunk hit an Air Force chick while she was running... sorry.... glad i was only riding....

nwf18z.jpg

our X-Mas Tree, WHEN YOU SEE HIM ON (IT) YOU MIGHT S**t YOURSELF LAUGHING........

2ijj2v4.jpg

THIS SIGN IS NO LIE, cant say what happened but lets just say someone didnt want to follow the rules of the area.....

6ykxvc.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.